WHICH GRADE OF FUEL ARE YOU USING?

Jerry

I was wondering which grade of fuel everyone is using? I have run regular since day one, and my truck runs great!!! I'm afraid if I switch to premium there might be such a difference I may not want to swith back..I drive about 500 miles a week and the difference in fuel costs is significant.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:cry: I've had to run 87 for the last 4 tank fuls :cry: , prior to that, 91 all the time. The gas prices are so high here in Cali, I couldn't afford $2.35 a gallon/ $45-$50 fill ups every week, that was the price on base, but prices are going down so on the next tank, back to 91!!! :thumbs:

This is very interesting. Before looking at the Silverado SS, I looked at the Escalade, which has the same drivetrain, and the Cadillac dealer also said regular. I don't know what to believe. Regular works fine. Here in San Diego, I have seen premium gasoline as high as..(GULP) $2.79 a gallon at a UNION 76 station. Understandably, NO ONE was in the station buying gas, lol.

This is not the first time I have had this debate. I also own a 1998 Cadillac Seville STS with the 4.6L Northstar engine..(inherited from my father) The book says 91 or above octane, and yet when I took it in for service they also said regular only. They claim it runs cleaner and leaves less deposits on the valves. Since 2001, all the Cadillacs boast of using only 87 octane. I guess it depends on the particular car and if the engine pings or not. Sometimes 2 identical engines have different requirement....GO FIGURE!!!

GSEREP1

The 6.0L LQ9 is a premium engine running 10:1 compression befitting a premium brand truck in the SS and people want to put regular in it? If the $2 more a fill-up is going to cause someone to go broke, how can they afford a $40k truck? :confused:

Put premium in it already, a truck of this caliber DESERVES it.

Rant off.

;)

Archived