What exaust system do you recomend?

nsrmvpasap

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just got flowmasters put on mine. They are the 9000 series Delta Flows. Sounds great. Two mufflers and they y into the one pipe for the exit.

Are/Can you use the stock tail pipe and tip? How does it sound on the inside? Got pics?

I have been talking to my local muffler shops about duals also. One shop recomends a single muffler setup using all 3.0 piping either using a flowmaster or magnaflow muffler with some cool looking oval magnaflow resonater tips out both sides.They said that the flowmaster setup was a little louder and that there would be very little power difference between the two setups.Another shop recomended using 2 Ravin mufflers with 2.5 inch piping out the sides. I am thinking about going with the single Flowmaster muffler with the magnaflow tips out the sides and still trying to decide. :D

I talked to an old pipe bender here in town and he suggests keeping the stock muffler for warranty purposes, and cutting the duals right after it and running 3in. pipes out the back around the hitch and spare. Said the sound won't change much but will have a little less restriction. :rolleyes: Damned warranty!!!

go with magnaflows duel in/ duel out cat back. Choose your stainless steel tips and away you go. sport truck did a review/ install and the results were 22 hp more over the stock muffler. I love mine, great sound and performance without waking up the neighbors. :thumbs::thumbs:

I talked to an old pipe bender here in town and he suggests keeping the stock muffler for warranty purposes, and cutting the duals right after it and running 3in. pipes out the back around the hitch and spare. Said the sound won't change much but will have a little less restriction. :rolleyes:  Damned warranty!!!

:crazy::crazy::crazy: That does not sound like a good idea to me :crazy::crazy:

I have the Gibson single exit on mine. I have only had for a couple of days but its is just what I wanted. Louder than stock but not to much. I like it sofar and I'm sure it will get a little louder as time goes by. My stock exhaust was just starting to sound nice after 4300 miles. I might should have waited longer to see how it sounded after another 3-4K.

I talked to an old pipe bender here in town and he suggests keeping the stock muffler for warranty purposes, and cutting the duals right after it and running 3in. pipes out the back around the hitch and spare. Said the sound won't change much but will have a little less restriction. :rolleyes: Damned warranty!!!

One of the factory muffler exits is a dummy. I've been through this......There is another thread on here that addresses this.

go with magnaflows duel in/ duel out cat back. Choose your stainless steel tips and away you go. sport truck did a review/ install and the results were 22 hp more over the stock muffler. I love mine, great sound and performance without waking up the neighbors. :thumbs::thumbs:

I have the Magnaflow also and love it. It has an "X" built into the muffler and sounds realy nice.

QUOTE (gmoney @ Oct 28 2003, 09:14 PM)

go with magnaflows duel in/ duel out cat back. Choose your stainless steel tips and away you go. sport truck did a review/ install and the results were 22 hp more over the stock muffler. I love mine, great sound and performance without waking up the neighbors.   

I have the Magnaflow also and love it. It has an "X" built into the muffler and sounds realy nice.

After hearing the Magnaflow muffler and how closely it resembles a flowmaster, I would have purchased one had I known they have and internal X-pipe…

:cheers:

What are people's thoughts about running a dual 3" in/dual 3" out system? Would the 3" tailpipes be too big. I was thinking about getting the Magnaflow dual 3" in/out and getting Summit's catback system for Silverados which has 3" dual rear exit tailpipes and just using the tailpipes. It's only $169.00 and I don't think I coulds get custom tailpipes with hangers and evrything for less than that.

What are people's thoughts about running a dual 3" in/dual 3" out system? Would the 3" tailpipes be too big. I was thinking about getting the Magnaflow dual 3" in/out and getting Summit's catback system for Silverados which has 3" dual rear exit tailpipes and just using the tailpipes. It's only $169.00 and I don't think I coulds get custom tailpipes with hangers and evrything for less than that.

If you are talking about a single muffler application the 3” will work great and be a bit less noisy than 2.5” setup.

That’s a really great deal BTW. :thumbs:

Archived