What exaust system do you recomend?

nsrmvpasap

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm using the gibson on my Sierra Denali which is an AWD 6.0L 4l65e SB EC truck. I would not recommend it. I like the sound but I'm getting in cab resonance (drone) at about 2000 rpm or thereabouts which is exactly where the truck wants to be in normal driving. I'm going to be moving to a custom magnaflow system in the near future.

I'm using the gibson on my Sierra Denali which is an AWD 6.0L 4l65e SB EC truck. I would not recommend it. I like the sound but I'm getting in cab resonance (drone) at about 2000 rpm or thereabouts which is exactly where the truck wants to be in normal driving. I'm going to be moving to a custom magnaflow system in the near future.

You may be taking to steps back with that move, magnaflows are pretty loud mufflers compared to a Gibson…

... I like the sound but I'm getting in cab resonance (drone) at about 2000 rpm or thereabouts which is exactly where the truck wants to be in normal driving. ...

Sigh.... I have a feeling that the only exhaust that fights the drone issue is the factory OEM. I tried the Corsa on my 5.3 Silverado (in the signature) and it had no resonance, but with this motor, at even slight acclerator, it sounded so thrashy and raspy, it was embarrassing. But, no resonance. I put the factory system back on.

I was very interested in the Gibson until reading the quoted message. durn!!! :fume: I mean, these trucks are really nice vehicles. I just want a little more rumble but without the 2k RPM city and freeway cruising resonance.

GM CAN NOT VOID YOUR WARRANTY OVER BOLT ON ITEMS!!!!!!!!! They may try to say they can but they can't. As long as you have the cat convertors they can't say much about exhaust. The only exception to the rule would be Turbos and superchargers, since they add engine pressure!!!!

If there is a problem with the exhaust installation, for instance the exhaust melting the trailer harness, they won't cover that, but they will still cover the rest off the truck.

Corsa exhaust is actually available from GM. And is a GM recommended product! So they know people are going to want to change things around. Just have a reliable shop do the work. :thumbs:

GM CAN NOT VOID YOUR WARRANTY OVER BOLT ON ITEMS!!!!!!!!!  They may try to say they can but they can't.  As long as you have the cat convertors they can't say much about exhaust.  The only exception to the rule would be Turbos and superchargers, since they add engine pressure!!!! 

If there is a problem with the exhaust installation, for instance the exhaust melting the trailer harness, they won't cover that, but they will still cover the rest off the truck. 

Corsa exhaust is actually available from GM. And is a GM recommended product!  So they know people are going to want to change things around.  Just have a reliable shop do the work. :thumbs:

With my recent experience with the GM warranty, I would say it varies by dealership on what they will "ignore." I would even say that it could vary by region, since they had to get the go ahead from the region guy here, to be able to work on my truck.

If I was "really concerned" about the warranty, which I am not, I would want to check with the dealer to see what they will allow, before doing too much of anything. It's how comfortable you are with the risk.

The Magnuson Moss Warranty Act is there to protect you, but getting them to acknowledge it is something totally different. According to it, my supercharger does not void my warranty. My local dealership has not voided my warranty, they just refuse to work on it. Drivetrain stuff, that is. So....can they legally do that? Never got that far.

"Dealer Warranties

Under Federal Law, vehicle manufacturers, dealers or agents cannot void vehicle powertrain or emissions warranties due to the presence of a properly installed Kenne Bell product. If a warranty is denied, contact the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) at (202) 260-2080 or www.epa.gov or the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at (202) 326-3128 or www.ftc.gov. Additional information is available at the SEMA (Specialty Equipment Manufacturers Association) website www.sema.org. Kenne Bell is a member of SEMA."

Thats whats on Kenne Bells website, I assume that probably carries over to most other reputable supercharger company's...

Archived