What exaust system do you recomend?

nsrmvpasap

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You will find as many opinions as members. It really boils down to whether you like the particular sound each one makes etc. I'm sure some of the guys will post their feelings again but you might want to do a search for all the posts/opinions that are already here.

Welcome to the board, by the way. :thumbs:

I am considering putting a new exaust system in my SS but I don't know what company to go with. The three companys I'm considering is:

Gibson

Flowmaster

Corsa

Does anyone already have one and like it/dislike it?

Thanks for you help!

:chevy:  :P  :chevy:

I agree with Lee,

It is extremely personal. On this truck, I chose the Flowmasters...( when I was in my teens and early 20s, I ran mustangs and always used flowmasters for the sound) and not the single truck flowmaster either. I have the 50s, ran duals from the cross pipe back to 2 of them. I personally think they sound awesome with a deep open sound that my kids describe as the sound of a freight train (minus the bit of resonance at 2100-2400RPM.) On the performance side, they definitely lost a bit of the low end torque... but the motor runs all the way to the 5800 mark with out runnning out of breath. And the 2nd gear passing, is outta site.

Does anybody knows if any of the company's finally got a cat back system for the silverado SS out inThe market? If so can I get some part numbers, I am really trying to stick with flowmasters, I haven't used anything else so I am not so sure about changing. The last system that i bought was for my wife's z28 :chevy: flowmasters american thunder. I really love that sound!! :cool:

Thanks in advance

Noel R.

PA

:thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

The gibson is the usual single muffler type of catback system. As far as sound goes I don't know what it's like. I had a Gibson on my previous truck('99 Sierra) and it was only slightly louder than stock. In my opinion the stock SS exhaust sounds better than my Gibson did.

I too am interested if anyone had tried the Gibson. They show 3 systems:

2003 6.0L AWD Ext Cab,Short Bed 1500SS

alum s/s

Swept 315539 615539

Dual Sport 5214 65214

Split Rear 5559 65559

with these notes:

67. Kit comes with 3.5" stainless tips

73. Will not fit with a Fifth Wheel trailer hitch

Anyone tried any of these? I was interested on how the Split Rear exited the vehicle. I am calling to day to find out and will post the results.

I was interested on how the Split Rear exited the vehicle. I am calling to day to find out and will post the results.

I am pretty sure that the split rear exits on either side of the spare/hitch. It is the "extreme duals" system that exits behind both rear tires. That's the system I would go for if they made it. A good muffler shop could probably modify the split rear system, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived