should i cut up truck

I posted in on the topic with 26'' wheels on an ss. I was telling how i had just picked up my truck up after being lowerd 3-4''ss and 24''ss bolted on. well i told everyone how it rubs real bad, i thought only on the back inner wheel well, but not even a week later i relize it's also rubbing the top of the inside of the fender. I thought the first day i caught it it was just from pulling in and out of parking lots and driveways, then i decided to put tape on the top of the wheel wells after work one day. I pull over on the highway so i don't have to turn the wheels and i could see if it rubbed while driving forward ,at speed. So about two miles up i pull over again and check the status of the tape, well shore as shit it's rubbing while going down the highway. Guess that scratches rolling :driving::driving: down to missouri and the truck lookin pimp tight , had to put the ald stockers back on.

FINALLY... Should i cut the top of the inside of the well out to accomidate this awesome package, if can have it done to look clean after haveing a fabricator weld in some pieces higher up to get the clearance i need ? I don't want too raise the truck to fit the wheels , it does'nt look as cool, but i don't want to ruin my truck. Is like it will ever be a classic anyways? Then I'd be upset ,i'd have to sell the wheels. :ughdance::pop::pop::pop:

:withstupid: You won't be happy until you do. Try to do it smooth! I would not be worried about the future value of the truck because in the future if you want to return it to stock you can just grab any platic inner fender from a '03-'06 truck, those will be a dime a dozen in the wrecking yards. So I would not worry about modifying the inner fenders. It would be better if somehow you could remold the plastic to provide the necessary tire clearance, that way you would not throw mud all over your engine compartment...

Mr. P. :)

:withstupid: You won't be happy until you do.  Try to do it smooth!  I would not be worried about the future value of the truck because in the future if you want to return it to stock you can just grab any platic inner fender from a '03-'06 truck, those will be a dime a dozen in the wrecking yards.  So I would not worry about modifying the inner fenders.  It would be better if somehow you could remold the plastic to provide the necessary tire clearance, that way you would not throw mud all over your engine compartment...

Mr. P. :)

I don;t think he is talking about the plastic which is only the inner half of the wheel well. The outer half is sheetmetal and it's part of the fender and can't be unbolted it has to be cut out. It's a PITA because there are a few layers you have to get through to get it out.

Malibuss has it right, its the metal that needs to be cut then refabed so all the road debrie wont get in the engine compartment , then look good on the outside so ill be happy when i crawl under the truck to change the oil or lube the joints. Thanks in advance for all advice :cheers::thumbs:

I am also worried about the future value of the truck, not for my sake but maybe my kids kids sake :dunno:

Edited by bambino (see edit history)

Just a question, but would 22's fit better then the 24's??? I would look at down sizing the wheels if it would still fit the look you were going for. I personally would be reluctant of modifying the wells unless I was 100% sure it would be done right. Just my 2 cents. GOOD LUCK!!