new Chevy High Performance mag look

I proposed some new stuff to the editor. The new editor says the new style of Chevy High Performance magazine is it. If you looked at the latest version, 69 Camaros galore, essentially nothing newer (there was a picture of an 85 IROC). The editor said it would be a while before any newer engine (LS1 or newer) articles will be done. This means no more trucks. They still haven't printed the zippy event from last year. I see this as a kick in the balls considering all of the support you have given them. I expressed my extreme displeasure with them regarding not publishing the zippy event even after they told me it would be published.

If you think that they are making a mistake, e-mail them. Your voices were heard before and a separate truck section resulted.

[email protected]

I'm not sprouting wood over putting air bags in a 1st gen Camaro, remote cutouts on a 67 Chevelle, disc brakes on a 69 Z28, or Flowmasters on a 69 Z28.

Now if they did a new build of a 69 it might be interesting. Of course for me that would have to be with all new parts, from the chassis up and a modern drivetrain (resto-mods rule). I personally think the magazine publishers should just go digital. It could be done better than a printed mag but even if they decided to it would get screwed up somehow. I stopped all my mag subscriptions last year. The truck oriented ones are basically advertiser catalogs with a couple pages of articles. whoopie

Sounds like your in for a boring life for a while. Maybe after this guy's ideas fall flat you'll get a shot at leading. Good luck.

What ever happenned to the pole that showed 70-80 % readers had trucks old cars are kool dont get me wrong but they are short numbered and highly priced for a basket case,without the camaro the truck is the only v8 rear wheeled powerhouse out for chev other than the spendy ssr and exotic vette,come on where is the love?

I used to buy every issue. I've only bought a couple of the months issue's in the last year or so. This isn't 1992 they need to realize.

:withstupid: it used to be a good mag. a lot of magazines used to be good...not any more. a lot of magazines stink like a womans down-under. we need some new material, new ideas, new editors!

What ever happenned to the pole that showed 70-80 % readers had trucks old cars are kool dont get me wrong but they are short numbered and highly priced for a basket case,without the camaro the truck is the only v8 rear wheeled powerhouse out for chev other than the spendy ssr and exotic vette,come on  where is the love?

you can only do so much to a 69 camaro...and weve had 30+ years to do them.

i wish you guys would sell the me the bilsteins on the SS truck. bilstein is taking forever to "develop them"

Thats sucks they didnt publish the zippy event after they said they would. are you guys planning on covering this years event?

i wish you guys would sell the me the bilsteins on the SS truck. bilstein is taking forever to "develop them"

Thats sucks they didnt publish the zippy event after they said they would. are you guys planning on covering this years event?

did you see the bilsten comercial during trucks yeasterday???it had a red SSS in it claiming they have shocks for them :banghead:

WOW a 69 Camaro buildup! :puke: I am a lover of the old muscle cars...I have a 70 SS396 Elcamino and a 70 SS454 Chevelle. You guys at CHP keep beating a dead horse. I would much rather see the high performance truck section and some builds on perhaps a 78-81 Malibu or some other later model car . Maybe some detailed sheetmetal replacement on Chevelles, Montes, LATER model Camaros. You guys only get cars that have door dings and minor dents. Try living in Ohio where everything 15 years old is rusty...what you guys consider rough I'd be happy to have. I always love LS1 transplants and OD swap articles, but c'mon a Camaro? Hell you can't even buy one any more for under 10k unless it's junk. And here I thought you guys were coming around. Just my .02 Later

Dave

WOW a 69 Camaro buildup!  :puke:  I am a lover of the old muscle cars...I have a 70 SS396 Elcamino and a 70 SS454 Chevelle. You guys at CHP keep beating a dead horse. I would much rather see the high performance truck section and some builds on perhaps a 78-81 Malibu or some other later model car . Maybe some detailed sheetmetal replacement on Chevelles, Montes, LATER model Camaros. You guys only get cars that have door dings and minor dents. Try living in Ohio where everything 15 years old is rusty...what you guys consider rough I'd be happy to have. I always love LS1 transplants and OD swap articles, but c'mon a Camaro? Hell you can't even buy one any more for under 10k unless it's junk. And here I thought you guys were coming around. Just my .02  Later

Dave

I would e-mail them your opinions. Ultimately, the mag should either provide what the readerships wants or fold.

WOW a 69 Camaro buildup!  :puke:  I am a lover of the old muscle cars...I have a 70 SS396 Elcamino and a 70 SS454 Chevelle. You guys at CHP keep beating a dead horse. I would much rather see the high performance truck section and some builds on perhaps a 78-81 Malibu or some other later model car . Maybe some detailed sheetmetal replacement on Chevelles, Montes, LATER model Camaros. You guys only get cars that have door dings and minor dents. Try living in Ohio where everything 15 years old is rusty...what you guys consider rough I'd be happy to have. I always love LS1 transplants and OD swap articles, but c'mon a Camaro? Hell you can't even buy one any more for under 10k unless it's junk. And here I thought you guys were coming around. Just my .02  Later

Dave

I would e-mail them your opinions. Ultimately, the mag should either provide what the readerships wants or fold.

I voted with my feet. When they sold my name that was it.