TRANSGO SHIFT AND SERVOS

I'm having a transgo shiftkit(4l60E)billet servo's(1-2 and overdrive and a 3000 stall converter installed.

My truck has been tied up at a tranny shop for 3 days now.

There are problems with (shift kit and servo's) The truck launches hard (smokes 23's) and shifts into 2nd hard but goes into neutral on 3rd under any power. You can back off the gas and slip 3rd which will hold then. Transgo tell me to ditch the 1-2 servo and there kit it not set up for this and they tell me that the kit has not been tested on the SS 4l65E yet. I'm the ginnie pig so far. KDS (superbillet servo's) tells me it is in the shift kit. We are tring a few more mods. Corvette servo and seperator plate changes.

If all else fails I may have to dicth the shift kit untill some one figures out what changes are needed. This has got transgo,KDS, my tranny shop me and my $ hurting for a soon solution. I will keep everyone informed with updates.

Until then be carefull with these upgrades(shift kit and superbillet servo's).

sounds like they messed up something when they performed the spacer plate mods or the accumulator. the internals are barely different as far as the shift kit is related to the 65E over the 60E. could also be a problem with the way the installed the servo's. billet servo's aren't as easy to install as stock one's epecially if you're not familier with them.

Sorry, that is turning out to be such a pain for you. But keep us informed on how that works out. The Corvette Servo and a shift kit are two things I am considering to help my transmission out with the extra demands of the supercharger.

The only thing that I really disliked about the transgo kit in my last truck, was the shift into 2nd gear was extremely harsh under low speeds. I'm talking just coming out of your driveway with 15-25mph speeds. There's no jolt of speed when it hits, but a neck snapping thud. Under low throttle it sucked. My wife hated it and wouldn't drive my truck anymore because of it. I loved it under WOT power though, and it would bark the second gear. There is a change that you do to the 1-2 accumulator (I think that's what it was) during the install that I would consider not doing. Or, find out a way to do it where it's not so harsh under low speed driving.

TransGo's kit is a bear to install, the TCI is much easier and works just as well. Trust me on that one, even though I know it doesn't help you now.

The corvette servo is recommeded by more tunners than the Billett's. The billett's are just to hard on the tranny, actually making it more detrimental to a non-all-out race application.

Corvette Servo, TCI's kit, and 3000 stall is going in mine.

I would agree that it's in the install or kit, not the servo's

If you don't like the 1-2 shift, just take out some of the washers, also the corvette servo will help this too.

:thumbs: Good luck and keep us informed.

Just got off working (helping my wife at a fair 7-13 hr days along with my buss.) doing the good huby thing. Bought me some good points.

My truck just took out the 3-4 clucth pak. Not a good thing. More time and more $.

Going to add centrif kit and rebuild tranny.

Spoke to chuck a FLP.

He told me this is the going thing on modded SS's.

He recommended using a specific shift kit (4L60E-HD2) and other various changes 8 clucthes in stead of 7, coleen steel and other changes. He has done 4 of these trannies so far and they are all holding well.

He knows these trannies well. If I have any more problems I am going to buy his tranny $2295. with core trade (600) in 10% off Oct. too.

I would recomend anybody looking to add a shift kit, servo's please call Chuck at Finish Line Performance, wish I would have. Could have saved some time and $ doing it right the first time. At this point being without my SS is :(

• 1 month later...

there's nothing wrong with the transgo shift kit and vette servo, they work out great,

joe over at jagperformance (210-674-9333 SA, TX tell'em allen sent you) just did another one and it turned out great,

the truck belongs to brent on this forum, i forgot his screenname, but that kit turned out very very nice, he loved it.

just make sure you get the right trans shift kit and get a professional to install it,

sounds like the trans shop you took it to has no clue, sorry to say that, but joe did this one in less than 3hrs, with about 5 of us standing arounding bs'n with him and getting in his way, lol.

the truck shifts perfect during normal driving and even better at wot.

i believe brent is coming back for tuning soon and we'll keep you updated,

btw, if you are concerned about harsh shifts, use one metal plate spacer in the accumulator, and the red spring instead of the larger diameter white spring. (if you install them , you know what i'm talking about.)

good luck on the trans, it can be a nightmare sometimes, (right 02denali)

allen

Archived