beltech stuff

04CHASE

got to drive on them a good bit more, im definalty happy with them . i hit a railroad crossing i normally get alof of bounce on and it went over it surprisingsly very moooth, i dont know if it did hit the bumpstop but i was like holy crap that was awesome.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do they handle in a hi-speed curve? That would be where I would want the shock to perform better. Bounce is easily controlled by most aftermarket shocks, but if the handling isn't improved dramatically by a good shock....then it's not a good shock. IMHO.

well with the sway bars making as big as a difference as they did its kind of hard to tell with both, id be nice to try them with out the sway bars. one thing is the tires dont squeal like they used to in the hard turns i have takenbut i have only gone around a few corners quickly with the shocks , i will say it does handle a bit better than with the stock shocks, i mean there is hardly any body roll what so ever. i need to test them out a bit more and i have a good spot to do so on the freeway going through some local mountains. as soon as the truck runs properly ill be sure to give the road race test!!

• 3 weeks later...

ok, so Chase, am i reading this righ?.....you already have a 2/2 drop, this was just adding shocks, bumpstops, and shims?

if so, what parts did you use to lower the truck 2/2? are you AWD? any vibrations now or alignment issues?

2/3 drop, no alignement issues , im using mcgaughy hangers/shackles and spindles .i got it on the free way yesterday and didnt notice the same vibration as before it was o nly above 75 and it was a very small. ikm pretty confident it will be gone once i lower it th e rest in back! i havent had anytime to work on it latley because of work. hopefully get the new injecotrs wideband and ice box in sometime soon!

the shims helped out alot , the pinion angle is off by about 3 degrees now so its close enough for me!! it was recomended i raise the tranny a bit , i may do it but for now im going to leave it alone!!

i got the drop from mcgaughy when they sold direct, imo if i were you i would go with a beltech kit but they dont have the rear hangers yet. they have some nice rear leafs springs now that look like they would be worth a try. since they keep the correct pinion angle and all!!

i got the drop from mcgaughy when they sold direct, imo if i were you i would go with a beltech kit but they dont have the rear hangers yet. they have some nice rear leafs springs now that look like they would be worth a try. since they keep the correct pinion angle and all!!

lol yea im not so sure about the ol mcgoofs kit lol...so how much would the belltech rear spings and everything i need run me? :dunno:

• 1 month later...

they do ride pretty nice i have no complaints. i will admit when going over bumps at speed it doesent get that bounce like the shock is traveling upward. it sticks to the ground pretty well, cornering isnt a huge improvement but it is a little better.