Chevy trivia questions

CrAzYMoPaRGuY

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The rear flange on the 283 crank is round and the main journals are smaller

Well you wouldn't be able to see the difference in the journal sizes from 20 feet, but you got the flange part pretty quick!

:thumbs:

Good job!

How about--

1955 Chevrolet 265 V8 had an engine "issue".

Do you know what it was?

I'm not 100% but I think it was 1911 some big godawfully weak V-8 that failed miserably. They waited 45 years to try it again.

What was the first year of the 396 and highest HP rating available for a 396 of all years (for the 396)?

Dave

I'm not 100% but I think it was 1911 some big godawfully weak V-8 that failed miserably. They waited 45 years to try it again.

What was the first year of the 396 and highest HP rating available for a 396 of all years (for the 396)?

Dave

I know the 1965 Chevelle had a 396, the Z-16.

The 375hp version of the 396 is always talked about as the highest hp 396, but the L78 in 1965 had a 425hp rating.

400 big block and 396, what's the difference...??

:eek:

what year was power steering introduced into the corvette?

1963?

Easy...The convertible frame is boxed in between the front and rear clip, plus it uses an extra body mount in the front

425 was the highest HP rating for the 396

The 400 Big block is the same as a 396, Chevy was the only one in GM with less than a 400cid motor so they bumped it. A 402 is .030 larger in the bore

I'm not much of a vette guy but I'm gonna say 62? I know they had that funky Ford-like push pull power cylinder deal with a manual box

Dave

Archived