Do I have a chance

gmc55

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do I have a chance

• I have a 2004 GMC Sierra 5.3L EXT.Cab Z71 with 20 inch wheels flowmaster exhaust and K&N air filter My fatherinlaw has 2004 dodge hemi rumble bee with flowmasters k&n filter and hypertech programer. He claims to have beaten ss chevy's mustang gt's and also thinks he can beat a lightning but i test drove one and know better. Back to my original question, can i hang with the rumble bee. I would appriciate some advice.

I have an 04 ram rumble bee and just took it out to the track last friday. It has a superchips flashpaq tuner, cai, exhaust cut out, and no mechanical fan replaced with a e fan from a 98 lincoln mark 7, and a lowering kit. the best time i could turn in it is a 14.8 @ 91 mph ... not bad but not great. i DID beat a GTO with ram air my last race due to the driver of the goat being inexperienced at the track but that was just a driver error.... I have a buddy who is fixing up an 04 z71 extended cab (like the ss) with a CAI and exhaust and i race him on several occasions. He runs  16.7 in the 1/4 which isnt bad at all... If we line them up from a stop i have him easily but if we do it from a roll he isnt anything to take lightly  :nono: ..... just my .02 ..... and even if you lose, at least you lost to a dodge and not a FERD  :yellow_loser:

Are you 2wd or 4wd? :dunno:

lose the 20's and you might have a chance of beatin him. ive raced 3 different hemis, one being the rumble bee and with my current setup, i have not lost to one yet. (i KNow its only a matter of time) However i must say that i have seen much closer races between me and the titans. good luck to ya :thumbs:

I am 2wd.... weighing in at about 5300 lbs.

I would assume your 14.8 was done in warm

weather? I know of many RCSB Hemi Ram

owners with your mods who do a little

better in the 1/4 mile. Either it was warm

or higher elevation. Are you guessing your

weight or did you actually weigh your truck?

With me in the truck and a hair over 1/2

tank fuel I am at 5075lbs. I have a 125lb

SnugLid hard tonneau on the back as well.

Yeah man I am in the deep south.... central texas to be exact

right here close by austin.... i would think that my truck would dip into a 14.6 or 14.5 after all my mods but no such luck... solid 14.8's! Im about to get some taylor shorties and see if it helps any at all, if I still cant shake a 14.8 with my current mods ive got a 6.1 cam sitting in the garage waiting to be installed... just got to save a little money so I can take her to "The HEMI shop" in austin :devil:

ps - no i did not officially weigh my truck but i thought thats what a rcsb ram weighed?

Edited by ACADEMYRUMBLEBEES (see edit history)

Yeah man I am in the deep south.... central texas to be exact

right here close by austin.... i would think that my truck would dip into a 14.6 or 14.5 after all my mods but no such luck... solid 14.8's! Im about to get some taylor shorties and see if it helps any at all, if I still cant shake a 14.8 with my current mods ive got a 6.1 cam sitting in the garage waiting to be installed... just got to save a little money so I can take her to "The HEMI shop" in austin :devil:

ps - no i did not officially weigh my truck but i thought thats what a rcsb ram weighed?

You should be able to get into the 14.6-7 range in

cooler weather. If your running the Hemi hat

(intake resonator) you could drop your times

close to 1/10th of a second. The air hat effects

air stream velocity. Don't expect any gains with

the Taylor short cables. I had the 8.2mm one's and

they made no performance difference. They do

dress up the engine compartment though! No,

QC's weigh in the 5300lb range. My curb weight

(no hard tonneau cover and a full tank fuel)

is around 4820lbs. That's the one thing that sucks

about Dodge trucks. Heavy pigs. RC/SB GM trucks

are in the 4300-4400 range. Man!! If only my truck

was that light! That's what it's all about. Lower weight

to HP ratio's.

• 2 weeks later...

The 5.3 is not a slouch, but the rumble bee is a little lighter than your 4wd w/ more mods and more power stock, but he's not beating a lightning or a gt and the 425hp is definately inflated with his mods. Long live the 5-3. Race f150's like I do, its fun and makes you feel all tingly inside. lol.

• 2 years later...

Here's what i do, kick my father-in-law in the nuts while he's getting back up look at him with the most serious look ever and say NO! :nono: He'll never bullshit you again. If its true well then save up some cash then get a programmer and some mods then beat him for fun. :driving:

Here's what i do, kick my father-in-law in the nuts while he's getting back up look at him with the most serious look ever and say NO! :nono: He'll never bullshit you again. If its true well then save up some cash then get a programmer and some mods then beat him for fun. :driving:

Holy cow this is an old dragged up post!

:lol:

Did this race ever happen? I remember the thread, a Ram with just a tuner and an intake and the guy claimed 425hp...

:confused: