Do I have a chance

gmc55

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do I have a chance

• I have a 2004 GMC Sierra 5.3L EXT.Cab Z71 with 20 inch wheels flowmaster exhaust and K&N air filter My fatherinlaw has 2004 dodge hemi rumble bee with flowmasters k&n filter and hypertech programer. He claims to have beaten ss chevy's mustang gt's and also thinks he can beat a lightning but i test drove one and know better. Back to my original question, can i hang with the rumble bee. I would appriciate some advice.

I have a 2004 gmc sierra ext.cab z71 with 20 inch wheels flowmaster exhaust and k&n airfilter and my father in law has 2004 dodge hemi rumble bee with flowmaster exhaust k&n air filter and hypertech programer. He claims to have beat ss chevy,s mustang gt,s and thinks he can beat a lightning but i know better i test drove a lightning a couple months back. Those dodge guys think the hemi badge gives them super horsepower or something like that. my Father in law claims to be pushing 425 hp but he,s full of it. back to my original question , i want to know , do i have a chance. any advice is appriciated.

Edited by gmc55 (see edit history)

I'm thinking he'll either beat you or it will be a close race. As for him beating GT's, I'm not sure about that. I'm not sure what those Rumble bees do stock but I put sevral cars on them and I run front bumper to front bumper with 05' GT's. The older GT all depends, I'll beat some while loosing to others. Now the Lightnings, he'll need a bottle to make it worth me watching him race one.

I'll be polite and say his opinion of his rumble bee might be a bit optimistic. Does he have any track times? Claiming 425hp... I doubt it. Taking a Lightning, no way no how. Mustang GT, seriously doubt it, I'd still put my money on the car. Bone stock Silverado SS, a lot closer but I would still bet on the SS but maybe that is because I have an AWD SS and I'm too used to troucing them from the light :D 1/4-mile might be a whole different story though, the Hemi and SS bone stock run within a tenth of each other, so it would not take much work on either truck to push the equation in favor of one or the other. But I'm pretty sure he'll beat your truck, but I would run 'em just to see the ditfference.

Mr. P. :)

Get yourself a custom tune and I would say you'll definately beat him :thumbs:

Oh yeah, and don't tell him about your tune. He'll be even more pissed when he thinks you beat him with just a CAI and a cat-back.

I think some of us are missing some information,the humble bee comes in two styles-2wd and 4wd,and the 4wd seems to be about a second slower than the 2wd. I was on rumblebee.com and it seems the 2wd's are close to an SSS stock.My dad has a 4wd humble bee and I waste him bad-6-8 truck lenghts and I'm nearly stock.Race him and find out,you'll love it even if you lose! :D

I have an 04 ram rumble bee and just took it out to the track last friday. It has a superchips flashpaq tuner, cai, exhaust cut out, and no mechanical fan replaced with a e fan from a 98 lincoln mark 7, and a lowering kit. the best time i could turn in it is a 14.8 @ 91 mph ... not bad but not great. i DID beat a GTO with ram air my last race due to the driver of the goat being inexperienced at the track but that was just a driver error.... I have a buddy who is fixing up an 04 z71 extended cab (like the ss) with a CAI and exhaust and i race him on several occasions. He runs 16.7 in the 1/4 which isnt bad at all... If we line them up from a stop i have him easily but if we do it from a roll he isnt anything to take lightly :nono: ..... just my .02 ..... and even if you lose, at least you lost to a dodge and not a FERD :yellow_loser:

Edited by ACADEMYRUMBLEBEES (see edit history)