Corsa Sport___ Internal Muffler Pictures

SS LS1

Hey guys, I forgot I took these pictures before I installed the Corsa Sport cat-back on my SSS last summer and thought people considerng this exhaust might like to see how the muffler is made.

I think it is funny to read comments on the various boards like "The Corsa exhaust does not flow very good just look at the size of the muffler, it's as big as the stock one." or "My Flowmaster 40 out flows the Corsa Muffler just look how big it is" They have obviously not seen the inside of the Corsa muffer to see it is sraight through or have an understanding on just how the RSC system works w/o internal packing or baffles. Hopefully the pics will help a little in understanding how the muffler works. Of course just wanting the Flowmaster sound is understandable as I have owned 8 of them on various other vehicles in the past, so obviously I do not mind a Flowmaster either. (Don't want to start a "My muffler is better than yours debate with this post) ;)

I am by no means a Corsa pusher but we do have one on the wife's 2001 SS Camaro and one on my SSS truck and have been quite happy with both of them. Even wth Longtube headers and a off-road y-pipe on the wife's car the exhaust is mellow (read drone free) on the highway at 70 mph, but screams at WOT on the outside. Personally I love the GMMG chambered exhaust on my SS Camaro with LT's and 3" ORY pipe but wouldn't want to listen to that much exhuast volume every morning on my way to work in the Silverado. So the Corsa Sport is a nice compromise, quiet on the inside and roars on the outside under WOT. :D

359177_47_full.jpg359177_48_full.jpg

Muffler Inlet end ............ Notice the single holes one on the top and one on the bottom near the inlet for the sound waves to enter.

359177_51_full.jpg

359177_52_full.jpg

Muffler outlet end ......... notice the same two holes near the outlet end along with the rectangle windows to allow the reflected sound to cancel out the highway droan.

359177_54_full.jpg

359177_53_full.jpg

Muffler Cut-Away................. the inlet is on the RH side of the picture.

359177_56_full.jpg

Note: The grinding marks around the internal holes were done by me to remove any welding boogers, I did not want to take a chance on having a whistle while under WOT.

Greg :)

Hey guys, I forgot I took these pictures before I installed the Corsa Sport cat-back on my SSS last summer and thought people considerng this exhaust might like to see how the muffler is made.

I think it is funny to read comments on the various boards like "The Corsa exhaust does not flow very good just look at the size of the muffler, it's as big as the stock one." or "My Flowmaster 40 out flows the Corsa Muffler just look how big it is"  They have obviously not seen the inside of the Corsa muffer to see it is sraight through or have an understanding on just how the RSC system works w/o internal packing or baffles. Hopefully the pics will help a little in understanding how the muffler works.  Of course just wanting the Flowmaster sound is understandable as I have owned 8 of them on various other vehicles in the past,  so obviously I do not mind a Flowmaster either. (Don't want to start a "My muffler is better than yours debate with this post) ;)

I am by no means a Corsa pusher but we do have one on the wife's 2001 SS Camaro and one on my SSS truck and have been quite happy with both of them. Even wth Longtube headers and a off-road y-pipe on the wife's car the exhaust is mellow (read drone free) on the highway at 70 mph, but screams at WOT on the outside. Personally I love the GMMG chambered exhaust on my SS Camaro with LT's and 3" ORY pipe but wouldn't want to listen to that much exhuast volume every morning on my way to work in the Silverado. So the Corsa Sport is a nice compromise, quiet on the inside and roars on the outside under WOT. :D

359177_47_full.jpg359177_48_full.jpg

Muffler Inlet end ............ Notice the single holes one on the top and one on the bottom near the inlet for the sound waves to enter.

359177_51_full.jpg

359177_52_full.jpg

Muffler outlet end ......... notice the same two holes near the outlet end along with the rectangle windows to allow the reflected sound to cancel out the highway droan.

359177_54_full.jpg

359177_53_full.jpg

Muffler Cut-Away................. the inlet is on the RH side of the picture.

359177_56_full.jpg

Note: The grinding marks around the internal holes were done by me to remove any welding boogers, I did not want to take a chance on having a whistle while under WOT.

Greg  :)

How many cfm does a Corsa flow over a Flowmaster 40?

I think their noise cancelling is great by all the comments to that, but power-wise there are much better out there. That system couldn't even pretend to do what I'd want it to, especially going down to one pipe. Stock cubes or maybe even to a certain level above not such a big deal maybe, but I believe a choke point for strokers of FI motors. My personal feelings. Of course, no dyno results to the affirmative, but neither are there to the contrary.

I think their noise cancelling is great by all the comments to that, but power-wise there are much better out there.  That system couldn't even pretend to do what I'd want it to, especially going down to one pipe.  Stock cubes or maybe even to a certain level above not such a big deal maybe, but I believe a choke point for strokers of FI motors.  My personal feelings.  Of course, no dyno results to the affirmative, but neither are there to the contrary.

Which systems do you know that have more power? Why don't you think the corsa's put out good power? I ordered my touring a couple days ago to replace my B&B, think I'll feel a loss of power between the two?

I think their noise cancelling is great by all the comments to that, but power-wise there are much better out there.  That system couldn't even pretend to do what I'd want it to, especially going down to one pipe.  Stock cubes or maybe even to a certain level above not such a big deal maybe, but I believe a choke point for strokers of FI motors.  My personal feelings.  Of course, no dyno results to the affirmative, but neither are there to the contrary.

Seriously, I don't want this to become a "Mine Is better than your muffler" kind of post. :D I just wanted to give people something to look at ....... ah....... pretty pictures. :crackup: Besides on my stock 6.0L It doesn't really matter if one flows another 5 or 10 cfm over another right? So this post is obviously not for guys like yourself with mega engine mods. It's all good though. ;)

Edited by SS LS1 (see edit history)

Great post! Having a Corsa Sport put on my 06 Denali CC/SB today, should be finished around 6:00 pm est and I'll let you know tomorrow how it sounds.

Ben's truck has some great mods and FlowMasters are the way I'd go on a truck as heavily modified as that. The Corsa Sport is a system for an old fart like me! :D

Edited by VMaxDenali (see edit history)

Sorry for the delay gang.....long story short....went to pick up my Denali at the muffler shop @ 6:00pm thinking the new Corsa would be on and ready to rumble but the gang at Big Al's dropped the ball.....went home waited for the truck to cool...started work at 8:30pm and was finished at 8:55pm! Did under the carport without a lift or a jack in under 25 minutes.....the hardest part was cutting the factory exhaust....my truck has less than 300 miles on it so I spent 5 minutes telling myself, it was okay to cut those nice clean stainless steel pipes!

Anyway, the Corsa Sport sounds great on my CC/SB Denali....the VMax can breathe and their is only a slight increase in cab "rumble". I was hoping it would not be too LOUD (inside) since this is a daily driver and I'll add the LOUD is on the outside! She sounds way cool going past at WOT....I let my 18 year old son behind the wheel to do a drive by at WOT....his eyes nearly popped out of his head when the VMax roared....the kid has only been behind the wheen of 4 bangers since he got his license and now he wants a V8! What have I done???

Just want to add this site ROCKS, all of you SSS owners have been a huge help at draining my kids college fund this summer and I thank you all!!!

Jeff

• 1 month later...