SS is gone today

mwarren

Damn be prepared for problems :( I was on the Nissan forums thinking of getting a Titan to tow my 350Z and everyone that owned a Titan urged me not to, that they are having some seriously stupid problems with them. After the problems I'v seen from the SS I don't think I could get another vehicle with alot of issues.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but titans have more problems then you could even imagine, at the most you might see 4 mpg better then a 6.0 and have the least reliable rated truck in the entire market!Sorry i cant stand nissans fullsize trucks just cruising titantalk scared me away from ever thinking of dropping my hard earned cash on one.It's the only vehical were ive seen more then one person not even make it off the lot before it had to visit the service department for problems.

Brakes are weak, interior trim is not so good quality, and the cool little rear compartment door next to the back wheel is prone to rust-through.

Im thinking anything but a Titan, man. Geez, get yourself a 06 1500 crew cab with a 4.8...then you can clone it to an SS.

Just hate to see people trading them off.

:(

Edited by StealthSS (see edit history)

Brakes are weak, interior trim is not so good quality, and the cool little rear compartment door next to the back wheel is prone to rust-through.

Im thinking anything but a Titan, man.  Geez, get yourself a 06 1500 crew cab with a 4.8...then you can clone it to an SS.

Hey, that is not a bad idea. a 1500 crew cab clone SS. :driving:

I've been thinking about trading in the SSS for something more economical. Now, i'm not saying that i'm going to do it any time soon, but it is on the back burner.

Gas cant play a big role cause you are going from a 6.0 L engine to a 5.6 Liter engine...I truly doubt it will make the biggest dent in your wallet...given the SS and 5.6 Titan (14/18) are nearly the same in mileage...

The payment can be understood, but why a titan...Why not a "classic" silverado 5.3 or 4.8 which will be less or identical in payments and be better in mileage (16/20)

Sorry if the post sounds like an attack mwarren, i know youre a veteran here...but i just cant see the switch to a titan...cant see it...

Either way congrats on the marriage, and hope all goes well with whatever decision you make!

Gas cant play a big role cause you are going from a 6.0 L engine to a 5.6 Liter engine...I truly doubt it will make the biggest dent in your wallet...given the SS and 5.6 Titan (14/18) are nearly the same in mileage...

The payment can be understood, but why a titan...Why not a "classic" silverado 5.3 or 4.8 which will be less or identical in payments and be better in mileage (16/20)

Sorry if the post sounds like an attack mwarren, i know youre a veteran here...but i just cant see the switch to a titan...cant see it...

Either way congrats on the marriage, and hope all goes well with whatever decision you make!

The reason I did not go with a silverado is b/c I could not find a four door that the sticker price was not sky high. I would have gotten one if I could have found one that I really liked.

If you don't mind me asking how much are they giving you on the trade in?

$20,000....not near enough.

I hope I don't have problems out this Titan as the others have stated above. As far as the one comment about the interior and trim. I like the Titan interior and overall looks better then any silverado. Chevy has kept the same look of interior for their trucks for way too many years.

I guess I will have to take my chances and hope the Titan is as good and reliable as most Nissan products. The four doors and extra room is really nice. All the kids fit in their without having to move the seat up or worry about them kicking the back of the seat.

Im thinking anything but a Titan, man.  Geez, get yourself a 06 1500 crew cab with a 4.8...then you can clone it to an SS.

Luckily I don't have that little compartment door on mine so I won't have to worry about that one.

Luckily I don't have that little compartment door on mine so I won't have to worry about that one.

Good! I didn't mean to bag on your new truck so bad, I just love my SS...