Roll-Pan where to get it?

I have a garage that is about 3" shorter than the SS. Iwant to buy this truck but just can't see parking a 40K truck outside; especially in the winter. A roll-pan would solve all my problems and let me get the coolest truck on the road. Any help would be appreciated. :chevy:

I saw that the rear body moldings will make a normal roll pan look kinda out of place. Would removing the body molding behind the rear wheels work? Or would it make the truck look unfinished? Has Anyone done this?

I have a garage that is about 3" shorter than the SS.

Welcome to the short garage club, BSER (and to the forum, too).

Per your question, I think removing the body molding would make it look unfinished.

might be able to remove all of the cladding to see how it looks. it'd be pretty easy to put back on with some new tape. i'd recomend checking with sir michaels or bell tech. if they don't have some idea already, they may soon. :thumbs:

My truck does not fit in the garage as well, what a bummer. :shakehead: I have not done this yet, still not sure how it will look on the SS, but I am throwing around the idea of replacing the entire SS body cladding and putting on the side skirting and hide a hitch roll pan from street scene.

Here are the links:

Body kit side skirting

SSE_03_Chev_SS_RP_1_Big.jpg

SSE_03_Chev_SS_BC_Skirts_1_Big.jpg

To put the roll pan on all the side skirting will have to be replaced unfortunately, but to fit the truck in the garage it’s the compromise I am going to have to make. :sigh:

There has to be someone out there who has tackeled this problem. Successful or not i would love to here about it. The body cladding is easy to remove; just some tape and a few screws; unfortunately the dealer won't let me expierment...so short sighted of him :D

IMO if you remove the cladding it would take away from the look the SS is supposed to have...although if you are adding or doing other kinds of ground effects it could end up looking better anyway...not too sure if i would want to experiment...although if you wanted to...you coulod chaulk up the loss of body panels to an accident...there are a few people that have had them fall off... ;)

I suppose i could take the cladiing offf just one side and get away with it. The other idea of taking all the cladding off and replacing it with the street scene kit might be an good option. It would be kinda sneaky too since i intend to add a super charger (no such thing as to much power) :D And just think of the look on the guys face driving the Mustang :devil:

Archived