header

Slick06

Yeah those are the ones i was talking about. I posted this topic before doing any searching. After searching it sounds like there is not much of a difference in any shorty style header. It sounds like a long tube is the only way to make any gains. I was just curious about this headers because they are cheaper then any other shorty.

I have that set on my truck, they were easy to install, I didn't see much hp gains, but compared to the stock manifolds they look like they flow better. Also get yourself the stock gaskets too. So far I don't have any leaks after 800 miles.

Did you notice a difference in gas mileage by adding the headers?

Thanks

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A .5mpg increase does not justify the expense. 20k miles of driving at 19mpg will yield 1053gallons and @$3/g = $3,159/yr. At 20k miles and 19.5mpg will yield 1026gallons and @$3/g = $3,078/yr. You save $81 for every 20k miles you drive. Worth it? Hell no. Spend $300 to save $81/yr over the next three years? Piss poor investment for fuel savings. Aside from the fact that you get almost zero gains anywhere...spend you rmoney elsewhere on the truck until you can get long tubes.

If you want to save money and dont have emissions testing, try the OBX stainless headers from ebay. They are a copied design of the dynatechs ($1,300). They might take a little fitment as far as clearing the frame, nothing a little prying and hammering cant take care of though. You cant get them with gutted cats for probably around $500-600? Most will tell you to steer clear, but some who have tried have had some success with them. You will need O2 spoofs or tune your pcm because you will throw trouble codes because of the empty cats and the O2 sensors after the cats wont like that.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-Headers...1QQcmdZViewItem