New thread on Corvette Museum Event

Well I am pretty sure we have a date set to have a get together at the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY. They told me they have open Nov 3, and 4th. It is up to us what we want to do, we can tour the plant on Friday and get together in the museum lot on Saturday and tour the museum. I just need to know who all are interested and can make it. I am trying to iron out the details with them but I am going to let them know tomorrow that the dates are ok if we can get enough to be here. If we can make this year a success maybe I can get planned an earlier event next year. Please feel free to let me know of any help you can give me. By e-mail or phone (270)847-9590 (cell). All are welcome and thanks in advance for supporting me in trying to get it done. Jim

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like fun. If I can get Fri. and the following Mon. I would not mind going. I've been to some of GM's assy plants in Mich. and Kansas, I've been wanting to see the vette plant :D

The drive is not bad, only 10hrs. its 6hrs to Miami and I take that drive all the time.

Thats what I had in mind a mid south thing. I have an e-mail from them today saying they have openings on that Friday and Sunday. I have to call the plant to schedule a tour of the plant on the Friday. So I really need to know how many can actually make it. I think Saturday may interfere with something at the museum but she said Sunday is open for sure. I am going Monday morning to talk to her. We have several options we can do. I know a guy who has his own concession business or I think we can possibly eat at the museum. They have different tour drives they have or we can make one up of our own to drive around Bowling Green, I know the whole city so its just really what happens happens. By the way does anyone remember the thread that has the advertisement about joining us on SilveradoSS.com because I need a few of them to put on some SSS that I have seen around here or I might advertise it in the paper. Please tell me what you want and I will try to get it done. Remember I will talk to them on Monday but I have already told her I want that weekend so lets get those SSS cleaned and rollin towards Exit 28 to Bowling Green, Ky (Home Of The Vette). By the way for the interest Vette City Liquors is just a mile away. Thanks in advance for showing an interest and helping me get this done. Hopefully we can make it an annual thing. Jim

ok here is the plan we are set for Nov, 3-5. Friday we will meet at the corvette museum, forom there we will go over to the plant to tour on that day then do whatever. Saturday we will gather at the museum and maybe tour it and set in the lot and have a gathering. Sunday I have plannned a tour drive to go to the Barren River Lake Dam. The museum calls it the Dam Tour. All I need to know now is hkow many are coming. They are going to print us badges the has the logo at the top of our main page with all the trucks in a row. They are also going to put on the back our itenarary? on the back. Also I need to know if you want your real name on them or your forum name I have to know all of this at least 2 weeks in advance to get them done I also need to know if anyone comes with you so they can get one to. We have to pay $8 a piece for them but I will try to pay that and you can reimburse when you get here. Another thing I would like to do is they have bricks layed going to the door with name and clubs. We could have one made its will be around $200.00 I think but I need to know who is interested because I would like to order it so it could be unveiled while we are there. They said if we get enough to come maybe later it could be a museum sponsored event in the future. Please let me know for real who wants to come this isnt just for Kentucky it is for anyone who wants to come. Wish us luck.