New thread on Corvette Museum Event

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The exact dates are Nov,3,4,5 That is the what we have but you dont have to be there all 3 days.  Saturday is the main day to meet at the museum for the actual gathering.  I just put Friday in if whoever wants to tour the actual assembly plant.  Sunday I was planning a drive to the Barren River Lake Dam, its like a scenic drive in Ky.  I have to know 2 wks in advance if you are coming they are making badges for us and I need a definate yes by at least Oct 16, so I can get everything together for them cause I have to work.  Also is there any interest in buying a commemorative brick with "SilveradoSS.com" on there walkway its like about $1 or$200.00 dollars.    I am hopefully going to try to contact Beech Bend Raceway tomorrow to see what our chances are there wish me luck.  anymore questions you can email me at    [email protected]  Thanks Jim

Just talked to Beech Bend Raceway and I am waiting on a call back from the owner any minute.  Wish me luck!

AAAHHH Heck, He gave me a heads up guys on saturday or sunday. He suggested that we have like our own races which would cost the driver $15.00 and any spectators we have $10.00. He said they would set it up to have a trophy for a winner and runner up. Let me know guys.

I plan to be there also. Not sure on which day, Friday or Saturday :dunno::jester:

I'll let some of the Indy/Indiana guys know about this as well :cheers:

I can probably make it Saturday maybe even stay for Sunday. Any idea what day we would hit the track? Is is going to cost $15 per run? :D

Actually he told me we could do it that way or we can lease it for 4 hrs. and have the ambulance and tower guy for $2500.00. That is up to everyone else though if we get enough interest. Now I have to really know for sure before I go ahead with everything. Also I leave next Tuesday to go to the mountains in Gatlinburg so I will not have a pc for that week. But if anyone has ?'s I will leave my cell # before I go. Thanks everyone for showing the interest it makes me feel a bit better I was gettting worried.

Well I have been putting off responding to this thread, because I really want to come down. But right now it's up in the air as to whether or not a can make it. I probably won't know for sure till the week before it's supposed to happen.

Ok guys I will be leaving to go to the mountains on Tuesday. If everyone will, go back and read all the things I have posted so we get on the same page. We dont necessarily have to tour the plant on Friday unless enough people are interested. I would like to make the main get together on Saturday at the museum. Please remember if we want the badges they are going to make us with the SilveradoSS.com logo on them are $8.00 and that gives us access to the museum the whole weekend. I need to know if you want your names on them or you forum name. I need to know all this by Oct. 16 so they can get them done for us. If enough are interested in touring the plant on Friday I need to know the numbers also by the 16th, this also would be $8.00 a piece. Once I get the exact amount of who is coming I will talk to Beech Bend about the strip as to whether we want it Sat or Sun. If you have anymore ?'s let me know as far as hotels and things there are plenty around. If you need #'s or directions let me know. Like I said I will be in the mountains next week so I wont have my pc but if you have any ?'s my cell # is (270)847-9590. Serious questions only please. If I dont answer leave me a message. Thanks everyone who has shown an interest and lets keep the ball rolling to make it happen. I am easy to get along with if you want to make changes to the weekend or anything let me know this is my first gathering so I am open to any suggestions. Thanks Jim.

no..i believe the website has a baner to take to gatherings...for pictures and what not..

I dont know but I know Mervz told me he wanted lots of pics of the event. Is there anyone interested in taking and hosting them I am still not that good at it. I just got back from vacation today and time is ticking I need to know like now who is interested so I can get everything done. thanks Jim