Insurance Info

mjdxtreme

I am 25, in las vegas with 1 ticket

There is your reason for getting raped!

I'm using state farm for everything including my three vehicles and my home so I get a pretty good deal, plus I'm 34 with nothing on my driving record. It's just something your going to have to deal with. It will get better as you get older. Not to mention that you are going to have two performance vehicles at the same time and are 25 years of age.

You can try and go with these insurance brokers, but I wouldn't trust them with those type of vehicles you have. It would seem if you have the $$$$ for an '05 SSS and a GTO, you should'nt have a problem with insuring the both of them right?

i have american family and i am happy, i also have two vehicals and renters ins so i get a bigger discount. watch gieco and other as they may be a bit cheap wait till you have a claim with them and there can be a lot of problem, ie cheap insurance cheap service!!!

I think state farm gives you a discount based on your credit history. If so check them out. I think my wife has my work car through them because of that reason. My normal insurance company was wanting too much but then again I've got a million tickets. In KY it takes 5 years till a speeding ticket is completely off your record. :cry:

Hi,

I used to use GMAC, switched to Progressive and saved and now I use Travelers insurance. 27 years old with an OWI 5 years ago and a couple speeding tickets over the last 7 years. I was going for a Nation Wide quote and the agent told me about Travelers (carried both). The Travelers was less than 1/2 of the Nation Wide if I remember right.

DW

I could afford the insurance on both but they want like 1500 for both, that is a rip off. I think insurance is a big waste of money because most people never need it use it but it is one of those unfortunate things you need to have and I just want to get the best deal.

• 2 weeks later...
The cheapest I was able to find was Geico...
Beware, I have talked to two Geico customers and neither was happy.

... in las vegas ...
It doesn't matter who you buy coverage from, you live in insurance hell. The odds of your ride being damaged or stolen or wrecked by uninsured drivers is high where you live, and your rates will reflect that. Changing zip codes can make a big difference, when I lived in Albuquerque my insurance was 50% more than here in America's Safest College Town. Seriously, rates might be cheaper if your zip code was Spring Valley or Henderson.

I think state farm gives you a discount based on your credit history. ...
All the major underwriters do, it is proven fact that the higher your credit score the more responsible a person you are and hence the less likely you will do something stupid and wreck/damage your car. The corollary of this is true too, if your credit rating takes a dive (like a judgement against you or divorce or bankruptcy or etc) then trust me your rates are going up at your next policy renewal. As a career speeder I will tell you my rates never change more than $5 regardless of how many recent violations I have, but when I got divorced it went up 20% over two renewal periods, I know it was my credit rating that did it because I got evidence of the query on my credit report and at that time did not have any new tickets in the last 3 years (a rarity for me :D ).

State Farm is a great company, my dad's wife is a lifetime State Farm customer and she just raves about them, and she's an absolute tightwad spendthrift! If you have a decent credit score and minimum points against your driving record give them a call.

I buy coverage with Allstate and they're not the cheapest but not the most expensive either and they're service is first rate, and to me that's why a person buys insurance.

Mr. P.

I buy coverage with Allstate and they're not the cheapest but not the most expensive either and they're service is first rate, and to me that's why a person buys insurance.

Mr. P.

:smash: I agree, I have been with allstate since I could drive and insure. They haven't been the cheapest, but I have not had any issues. Also when I go to renew they check to see what has changed so they have saved me money a few times. If you should be in an accident most insureance companies use cheaper replacement parts, or locate else where for lower cost to them. Allstate uses OEM parts this is why rates are also a bit higher.

Mr. P.

:smash: I agree, I have been with allstate since I could drive and insure. They haven't been the cheapest, but I have not had any issues. Also when I go to renew they check to see what has changed so they have saved me money a few times. If you should be in an accident most insureance companies use cheaper replacement parts, or locate else where for lower cost to them. Allstate uses OEM parts this is why rates are also a bit higher.
I'll add one more thing about Allstate - they treat their body shops well, they pay those guys fair. You think some insurance agencies rip the customer off, you should hear some of the horror stories from the repair side of the business.

Mr. P.