Event California Speedway street legalk drag races

04CHASE

good times, Erik, Adam has your helmet

Thanks mike for the lunch

sounds good with the helmet.... Reynaldo !! what about my sandwich, it wasn't good enough for a mention !!! :crackup: J/k I love track days.. I was really wanted Chase to get one of those belts working, but I am sure he will have it figured out by Dec. 2... :driving:

Edited by SuperSport (see edit history)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I just wanted to see who ended up with my helmet, Thanks...... Hopefully I will have the SSS up and running for Dec. 2nd  :driving:

Your helmet?? I traded it for $5 and a half eaten turkey sandwhich from a guy on my way out :jester:

Thanks for letting me borrow it man... not that I needed with the shit runs I put together today. Even though I stunk it up and broke another tranny I still had a blast... see you guys again on Dec. 2nd. :cheers:

good times, Erik, Adam has your helmet

Thanks mike for the lunch

sounds good with the helmet.... Reynaldo !! what about my sandwich, it wasn't good enough for a mention !!! :crackup: J/k I love track days.. I was really wanted Chase to get one of those belts working, but I am sure he will have it figured out by Dec. 2... :driving:

forgot about the sandwhich, thanks man. You know how it is when the belly is on empty

Well I'm back....

After posting a terrible .551 rt w/ tire spin and a 2.2 60' (pulled a 14.4) on my first run I toasted the tranny on the second pass.... slipping pretty bad so I called it a day rather than having to tow it home.

Looks like I'll be investing in tranny upgrades much sooner than anticipated.... and it pisses me off b/c this is already my 2nd transmission in less than 10k miles :banghead:

Chase tore thru 2 belts on his first 2 passes. He managed a 12.08 on the 2nd run even with his belt commiting suicide at the end of the track.... he was heading to Napa autoparts for another belt when I left so hopefully if it held together he got that 11 second pass he was looking for.

Dylan, I am starting to think you put a curse on the trannies that are in everything you drive!! lol. 2 trannies in 10k miles? I have 4 trannies in this thing @ 39K miles. You are right on track so far!!! Like I was saying in the other thread... if it wasnt for these crappy GM trannies, these trucks would be sooo much better. Hard to imagine the TBSS is rated to tow 6700 pounds, when they smoke trannies not towing anything and only around 30hp over stock. Might want to ditch the dealer rebuilds, and take it straight the Toy Shop for an overhaul (and 2600+ stall) :thumbs: Sorry to hear about the tranny bro.

I really am beginning to wonder if I am being too hard on them b/c it just seems too coincidental that I have this many problems with GM trannies. I have to admit I did flog this one pretty bad on the 2nd run (mainly b/c I was pissed about the first run) and I more than likely caused it w/ a hard burnout and staging on the line.

I'm just gonna use the dealer to get any broken parts fixed under warranty (for free) and then take it to Kendall for the upgrades... at least then hes starting with a working tranny and not having to fix problems.

I should be getting a call here in the next couple of hours from the dealer to let me know what the hell went wrong. My money stays TC and maybe a band are fried.... I don't think I could've fukt up much else. :dunno:

I really am beginning to wonder if I am being too hard on them b/c it just seems too coincidental that I have this many problems with GM trannies. I have to admit I did flog this one pretty bad on the 2nd run (mainly b/c I was pissed about the first run) and I more than likely caused it w/ a hard burnout and staging on the line.

I'm just gonna use the dealer to get any broken parts fixed under warranty (for free) and then take it to Kendall for the upgrades... at least then hes starting with a working tranny and not having to fix problems.

I should be getting a call here in the next couple of hours from the dealer to let me know what the hell went wrong. My money stays TC and maybe a band are fried.... I don't think I could've fukt up much else. :dunno:

Go see kendal at the toy shop thats where mine is right now :D

UPDATE:

Got a call from the service tech at my dealer... the TC is toasted... he said its going to be replaced and recommended (off the record) changing it for an aftermarket stall to keep it from happening again. Little does he know its headed to the Toy Shop for all the upgrades as soon as I get it back. I asked him to keep it there so I could take a look at it. Just want to see what actually happened to it... if it just came apart or what??

He says they are still trying to track down the other parts that gave out b/c there was a lot of metal particles in the fluid. Clutches look worn, band is OK, but he said theres gonna be other things... they're trying to track all the issues down first, but I should have it back today... at the latest tomorrow.

According to him it doesn't look to be anything MAJOR... but they won't know the extent until they figure out what else came apart.

I'll keep you guys posted.

UPDATE:

Got a call from the service tech at my dealer... the TC is toasted... he said its going to be replaced and recommended (off the record) changing it for an aftermarket stall to keep it from happening again. Little does he know its headed to the Toy Shop for all the upgrades as soon as I get it back. I asked him to keep it there so I could take a look at it. Just want to see what actually happened to it... if it just came apart or what??

He says they are still trying to track down the other parts that gave out b/c there was a lot of metal particles in the fluid. Clutches look worn, band is OK, but he said theres gonna be other things... they're trying to track all the issues down first, but I should have it back today... at the latest tomorrow.

According to him it doesn't look to be anything MAJOR... but they won't know the extent until they figure out what else came apart.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Good to hear it is working out. It should run much better next time out :thumbs:

Got it back this morning... runs great now... final damage talley:

TQ Converter was replaced.

2 Silenoid clips dislodged and caused some damage

The outer servo was replaced b/c the edges were chewed up pretty bad. May have been the clips floating around in there... tech wasn't sure.

The gaskets around the servos were replaced as well due to some ripping.

ALL THIS ON A STOCK TRANNY W/ LITTLE HP ADDED?? I get a feeling its gonna be a long bumpy road with the TBSS if this keeps up. :shakehead: In talking with the service manager he said of the few TBSS's they've sold almost all of them have been in already for transmission/rear end problems. There is a TSB for the rear end bearing failure, but he said not to expect this tranny to last without some help. :sick:

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)