Time to say goodbye....

Black03SS_NJ

As of 5pm today, I'll be waving goodbye to my SS. It's been a fun three years with lots of mods and money wasted, but after three great years, I just had the bug for something new and different. Well, that and my wife absolutely hates riding in my "obnoxiously loud" truck.

Some might say "how could you let your wife make you get rid of your beloved truck." However, through the powers of reverse psychology, I turned her objections into, "well, if you really want me to go and buy a brand new truck, I will, but only because you asked me to." So I've ordered an '07 Avalanche LTZ 4x4 with the 366hp 6.0, and it should be here by December. A new Silverado just wasn't an option, I just don't like the styling. But I love the Suburban/Tahoe/Avalanche styling.

Just wanted to post one last time to thank everyone for all of the help and advice along the way. It's been fun.

so I'm assuming you sold it locally if your getting rid of it today but your new ride doesnt get in till December? Congrats anyhow, the Avy may be my next choice when time comes cause I dont like the trucks new styling all that much either, the suv's flow a lot better. See ya around :cheers:

so I'm assuming you sold it locally if your getting rid of it today but your new ride doesnt get in till December...

Sold the truck locally through the forum actually, though the buyer isn't active on here (just joined and sent me a PM). My dealer is doing the sale for me as a pre-trade on the Av that I ordered, so that I get the tax benefit of trading my SS (saving me about $1300). They are just passing it through to the new owner and handling the paperwork. I'm borrowing my uncle's '01 Z71 until my Av arrives, two months is going to kill me! There's only one 6.0 Av in the color that I want in the entire counrty (AZ), so I was forced to order.

I'll be sure to stop back and visit from time to time.

I plan to trade in my 2003 SS in a year or two, so I was at the State Fair of Texas yesterday checking out the new vehicles. I really want to like the new trucks, but no matter how hard I tried, I don't like them either. I was also looking at the new avalanches, and have to agree they are extremely sharp. I've had my sights set on the new Dodge Challenger (supposed to come out in 2008), but if I decide to be more practical, the Avalanche is at the top of my list.

Thanks again everyone for the good wishes. Thought I'd post a quick picture of what I ordered. I haven't seen one around anywhere yet, and according to the searches I've done, there are only 2 6.0 Avs in this color in the country. They'll only be making this color through December, so I think it will be a pretty rare truck.

post-2743-1160494604_thumb.jpg

:D HA! i think the other one is here in florida...

Probably a 5.3 you saw - plenty of them around. 6.0 production just started, it's not even listed as an option on the Chevy website, but it's available. Comes with the 4L70E too.

still a nice color though :thumbs: