Last Call For Ky. Gathering

I'm really looking forward to this as long as i don't get made fun of for not having an SS. :)

What? no SS oh thats great! No Josh I remember you calling me and telling me you didnt. Thats ok I was a fan forever until I finally got one. Come on down.

Dont feel bad...mine jus looks like 1...kinda....lol...anyway....

How is the track thing gona work?.....how much will it be so I know what to bring?

He said we would have 2 practice rounds and them start having an elimination round of whoever is the fastest. Gates open at 11:00 and the cost is $15.00 per driver and $10.00 for spectators. Then the badges for the museum are $8.00 but I will pay for that and everyone can pay me back when they get here. Whoever is going to tour the plant that friday it is just $5.00.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok everything is set for Nov3,4,and 5th I finished up the details today at the museum.They are only going to charge us $4.50 for the kids and of course $8.00 for us. This is going to give us access to the museum all weekend. As far as I know there are only 3 of us going friday to the plant tour if anyone else wants to let me know by next tuesday cost is $5.00 and kids have to be 7 and older. I have scheduled us to be at the museum saturday at 11:00. I thought we could all meet and like cracker barrel for breakfast and drive to the museum together. We will actually tour the museum at !:00 from then on its whatever for us. If you have any changes or cant make it or bring more people my deadline is tuesday the 24th. Remember now we set our clocks back 1 hr next weekend so I dont know if all of you are on slow time or not but we will be. Sunday we go to Beech Bend's Dragstrip at 11:00 they will give us two test runs then an elimination round. I havent figured up all the cost of the badges I will get that done I have to have the money there by friday the 3rd. If you want to send me money now thats fine or I can get it when you get here. I will pay for it till you get here. However anyone wants to do it. Hey Bad2theBoneBlackSS dont forget you are the camera man so make sure you get here early. any ?'s post them or pm me or call me (270)542-8876 cell (270)847-9590. Thanks everyone again and please try to come up with a name for the event. I may give the Intimidator truck to the best one or have a drawing one I dont know.

Hey everyone, I was planning on everyone meeting at Cracker Barrel on saturday morning at 8:00. It is at exit 22 in Bowling Green off I-65 if you are coming from the south it will be a right turn if you are coming from the north it will be a left then a right turn you cant miss it. I hope this is ok unless anyone has another preference. I figured we can get to know one another there then have an SSS parade down I-65 to the museum. They are having a customer appreciation day that day, but I am hoping they are out of the way so we can park around the front circle (pictured on their site www.corvetttemuseum.com) other wise we are using the truck lot. We are to be there around 11:00 and will tour the museum at 1:00. Please let me know if this is ok. I will have my cell on if you need directions or have ?? (270)847-9590. Lets pray for good weather it was 50 here today not too bad. Thanks again Jim

Just a thought but is there anything in particular you guys would want to do after the museum tour? I just didnt have any ideas we could still take the scenic route up to the barren river lake dam or whatever. We can talk about it when you get here. I just didnt plan nothing too big it being the 1st gtg and all but I am open to do anything. We could drive to Nashville and check out the scene or just whatever I dont want things just to end after the museum tour. Give me some ideas I know I can always eat you can tell by looking at me. Well we will just see what happens I am just rambling on and I need to go to bed I got 12 hrs to pull tomorrow and tuesday.

ok well here is my rant for the evening, as some may or may not know I work with delinquent kids, actually i am in a sex offender cottage, any way we just had a staff member leave my team this morning, so that put me working doubles till someone gets hired. As of now i am unable to go to the gathering in KY..................AND I AM PISSED OFF!!!!!!! i have had this leave time in for 2 months and a week away and this........did i mention I AM PISSED??? if not I AM PISSED!!!! :banghead: i will be paying for my pass and any reservation fees that you had to incurre because of me, if by some act of congress that things work out i will be there. I am sorry for the let down to all the effort that has went into this. :confused:

J. Yates is it too late to get in on this? I just found this forum (after clicking on recent messages), I know your deadline was yesterday. I have an SS, am stationed out of FT Campbell, KY, which is 45 miles North of Nashville and about 60ish from Bowling Green. We have a training area up there that we "Air Assault" to all the time when we are not fighting in Iraq. I would only be able to come on Saturday because I have my six year old little girl with me, wife would kill me if I took her to the track. Wife is still deployed to Iraq and I just got back. I think my little one would get a kick out of seeing so many trucks like her Daddy's. She would dig the museum for a spell. After that it is up to you all. She loves drives in the truck and I need to get her out of town more (that would be my truck).

Let me know, if I could get numbers and sizes I could probably round up some 101st Airborne Division T-Shirts and memorabilia that you could give out.

If the answer is "Hell, yes you can get in," I will have my little one and me. If it is too late I know we could just drive up there and meet some of you guys and find something else to do.

No it is not too late I bought a few extra badges just in case someone would want to come. We are going to try to meet Saturday morning at cracker barrel at 8:00 if you can make it if not we will meet at the museum around 11:00. As far as sizes all I would know is for myself and my 2 boys. I know one guy has a 15 and a 5 yr old. and another has 2 boys coming you may just ask on this thread if they are interested. I would take a 2x and my boys are 5 and 8 yrs old dont know how small or large you can get. Anyway come on down we would love to have you I think you will be the only silver birch coming. Thanks Jim

No it is not too late I bought a few extra badges just in case someone would want to come.  We are going to try to meet Saturday morning at cracker barrel at 8:00 if you can make it if not we will meet at the museum around 11:00. As far as sizes all I would know is for myself and my 2 boys.  I know one guy has a 15 and a 5 yr old.  and another has 2 boys coming  you may just ask on this thread if they are interested.  I would take a 2x and my boys are 5 and 8 yrs old dont know how small or large you can get.  Anyway come on down we would love to have you I think you will be the only silver birch coming.  Thanks Jim

Well guys, the offer is out there. I will need sizes for you and your passengers. I have Yates and his boys sizes. Should be no problem. I will bring what I can. We will come down the night before and stay somewhere that has a pool-Elisa loves to test her freshly required swimming skills (scares the hell out of me if you ask me.)

I'm a 2X and my boys are smalls, although I'm not gonna swear they are gonna make it. Man I tried like hell to get Ft Campbell, but got stuck in Korea and Ft Riley. Can't wait till next weekend. I have been getting my tune all straightened out and it should be a lot of fun.

Dave