Last Call For Ky. Gathering

What a great time!! I just got home (10:30pm) I wish I could have stayed for the track tomorrow, would have been nice to line up with some of you guys. The Corvette museum was awesome, and there are some really great folks on this site. I have to give a great big thanks to all who attended. I would like to thank Jim for setting all of this up and Mark for the T-shirts. The boys loved the shirts and the badges because they had dad's truck on them(BTW the blues ruled!!) I really hope this can be an annual event. Idea!!! How about attending one of the Sommerset cruises? I haven't been but it's on the to do list, I have heard nothing but positive feedback.

PS Hey Jim we need to drive a little faster next time, I only got up to 115 on the highway :jester:

Also I felt a little bad cause I didn't get to give everyone a radix ride (sorry)

Dave

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuses Excuses, the rest of us did get to 115 where were you (ha). No I had a good time also it turned out better than I expected. Man you missed Puffer SS truck it is bad axx. I am glad you got to make it maybe one day we can say we were the first of hopefully many more to come.

I had an incredible time as well....my trip got cut short unexpectedly lastnight and i had to come back. I was supposed to go to the track and didnt make it was well. Sorry i didnt let anyone know but i didnt have any numbers to call. it was an emergency. otherwise it was a great time, great people and great scenery....yup..the blues did rule. Thanks for setting all this up J. if you need help next time let me know, im pretty close as well...Remba, thanks for the shirt, ill wear it proudly. Im gonna post my pics in a seperate thread in the photo section

:flag: We had great time at the Corvette Museum run.

Thanks J. Yates for seting this up. Hope we can do it again next year.

I enjoyed seeing the other SSS"s that were there and all the corvettes.

Thanks Bill for the screaming eagle tee shirts. Enjoyed meeting all the people that were there too.

see yall next year

SSS-SSR

Jim, great job setting this up. It was a blast. I also wished I could have stayed for the track but promises to deployed wife are just that. A little someone here is still talking about your 8 y/o boy. I am giving here such a hard time- I love it now. Definitely will hate it in 10-12 years (probably sooner if I cant get her into a convent, first! :lol: ).

Let me tell you about a small world. Went onto post to make an appointment for my last Physical in the Army :flag: . I am talking to the VA adminstrator and in small talked noticed he races camaroes. He was at the track and the corvette museum. He asked which one I had and said the Silver one. HE noticed it was not among the blues and blacks that raced on Sunday. So there you have it. I thought that was pretty cool. HE called you all beasts. HE runs 1/8 mile and the trucks were doing 1/4s. He noticed and exceptionally nice run by a black one. Was that Bad2 or Puffer?

When my wife gets back next week from Iraq, we could do the track thing :driving: later down the road with a bunch of you KY/TN types and we dont have to call it anything. We could call it my retirement party :cheers: .

Thanks again. 101st Air Assault.

Top :flag:

• 2 weeks later...
Jim, great job setting this up. It was a blast. I also wished I could have stayed for the track but promises to deployed wife are just that. A little someone here is still talking about your 8 y/o boy. I am giving here such a hard time- I love it now. Definitely will hate it in 10-12 years (probably sooner if I cant get her into a convent, first! :lol: ).

Let me tell you about a small world. Went onto post to make an appointment for my last Physical in the Army :flag: . I am talking to the VA adminstrator and in small talked noticed he races camaroes. He was at the track and the corvette museum. He asked which one I had and said the Silver one. HE noticed it was not among the blues and blacks that raced on Sunday. So there you have it. I thought that was pretty cool. HE called you all beasts. HE runs 1/8 mile and the trucks were doing 1/4s. He noticed and exceptionally nice run by a black one. Was that Bad2 or Puffer?

When my wife gets back next week from Iraq, we could do the track thing :driving:  later down the road with a bunch of you KY/TN types and we dont have to call it anything. We could call it my retirement party :cheers: .

I think it must of been puffer

Thanks again. 101st Air Assault.

Top :flag: