MAF Sensor

vdrumright

:chevy: Has anyone looked into getting a Corvette Z06 MAF unit, because i think they are larger and the computer can actually calibrate itself with that one.

We have the same ones on our truck is what I thought. Unless someone knows differently 85mm

:chevy: Has anyone looked into getting a Corvette Z06 MAF unit, because i think they are larger and the computer can actually calibrate itself with that one.

The only difference in the Z06 MAF to our trucks is the screen is out of the vette's. I wouldn't suggest this for our trucks.

Why wound you not recommend taking the screen out of the MAF > I have heard that it the screen puts a spin into the incoming air ? ( Is this true ) I was thinking about taking the screen out of mine and I have a brand new Airaid Trottle Body Spacer that I was going to install. Which from my understanding puts a spin on the incoming air.

Any thoughts on this ? Will this make a difference at all ?

Dave

Why wound you not recommend taking the screen out of the MAF > I have heard that it the screen puts a spin into the incoming air ? ( Is this true ) I was thinking about taking the screen out of mine and I have a brand new Airaid Trottle Body Spacer that I was going to install. Which from my understanding puts a spin on the incoming air.

Any thoughts on this ? Will this make a difference at all ?

Dave

Sometimes if you remove the screen or port your maf, the engine may run lean. This will sometimes cause detonation.

Keep it stock.

later,

allen

the idea behind the screen is to keep flow consistant across the surface area of the maf which aids in programming. on the LS6, they specificly programmed it without the screen and it flows enough air pretty much constantly to not have much issue without it. removing it will lean it a bit, but some vehicles are programmed overly rich to start with, so, some it helps, some it doesn't.

Archived