Steering Wheel Clunking Petition Y/N ?

perk03z06

Would you like to be included on a petition letter sent to GM about the steering mechanism clunking that is common on newer Silverados?  

342 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to be included on a petition letter sent to GM about the steering mechanism clunking that is common on newer Silverados?

• Yes
    • No

• 4 weeks later...
Great guys! Keep 'em coming in!

Yes, this is more of a problem than just on the SSS's.

Someone help me on this ... when did this problem begin? With the new body style change in 2003?

:cheers:

I think it was just 03, My 03 Z71 and my girlfriends 04 Suburban both have it

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

gm did release a updated shaft in september of 07 and are paying for it however dealers arn't exactly advertising this fact and i had to fight for my freebie and i work for a dealership. another tip u may want to try is to install a greese fitting in the black part of the collar towards the middle, everytime you change your oil throw some greese in it i have had good luck with this method however if you go nuts with the grease gun it van come out the end of the shaft by ur feet while ur driving.

strange i just came across this topic. I literally just got back from the dealership where they replaced the intermediate shaft because of the knocking and loose steering. It was free and under warranty, but they told me that they wouldnt be suprised to see me again soon. :(

SO COUNT ME IN!!!

• 1 month later...