Steering Wheel Clunking Petition Y/N ?

perk03z06

Would you like to be included on a petition letter sent to GM about the steering mechanism clunking that is common on newer Silverados?  

342 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to be included on a petition letter sent to GM about the steering mechanism clunking that is common on newer Silverados?

• Yes
    • No

I'm definately in. My 2003 SS has already been replaced once and is getting slack in it again. My brother-in-laws 2001 Z-71 is popping VERY bad now also. Let me know when and what information you need from both tr

2004 Chevy SS AWD with 110,000km, and I got the same damn noise, hopefully they can do something if there is this many if not more out there, not just on our trucks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

GM just came out with the NEW improved version ....my cost out the door for part is 68 and change First 03 I had problem was corrected never came back in 54k miles Just picked up another 03 with21 :D:D:D miles on clock no clunk/pop yet but the fix aint gonna cost much... Have a Goooood day

• 2 weeks later...
Great guys! Keep 'em coming in!

Yes, this is more of a problem than just on the SSS's.

Someone help me on this ... when did this problem begin? With the new body style change in 2003?

:cheers:

im in my 06 ss does it and my wifes 05 silverado 1500 does it....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...