Speedometer has the shakes and not correct

J. Yates

My speedometer I noticed this week is jerking like it has tourettes syndrome at times. Then at other times I can be running about 50 and it says 30 mph. I guess this means this is my 1st trip to the dealership right after the warranty expires (figures). Any Ideas on a quick fix?

My speedometer I noticed this week is jerking like it has tourettes syndrome at times. Then at other times I can be running about 50 and it says 30 mph. I guess this means this is my 1st trip to the dealership right after the warranty expires (figures). Any Ideas on a quick fix?

it's happened to me as well as other's on here, no quick fix here, just like you said, 1st trip to the dealership

Well I took the truck in Friday and they said it would have to replace the whole cluster panel. Well guess what happened yesterday. I got pullled over I seen him coming and got out and showed him where I just had it in for that. MY speedo said 45 he said I was doing 73. Smart elec said I should have know the difference . I told him I knew it wasnt right but I didnt think I was running no 73. He told me to take the paperwork to court and try to get out of it I dont know if its worth all that. The whole cluster panel is like $485.00 and the ticket is like $130 something I cant win for losing.

Well I took the truck in Friday and they said it would have to replace the whole cluster panel. Well guess what happened yesterday. I got pullled over I seen him coming and got out and showed him where I just had it in for that. MY speedo said 45 he said I was doing 73. Smart elec said I should have know the difference . I told him I knew it wasnt right but I didnt think I was running no 73. He told me to take the paperwork to court and try to get out of it I dont know if its worth all that. The whole cluster panel is like $485.00 and the ticket is like $130 something I cant win for losing.

This wont make you feel any better... but I just had to have the same thing done to mine... They had to replace the whole cluster... Sucks you were out of warranty though. Mine started to shake and goof up, and then after a while it just stuck on 120.

Mine also did this. With no warranty left went to dealership anyway. They said this is a known problem at GM and they would cover it up to 60K. But it would be a refurbished cluster / no charge. :thumbs:

I love the term refurbished they didnt even tell me that but thats what I always get with a cell phone exchange. (Always Refurbished) whats it take to fix something anymore an act of congress.