Disappointing Radix install on a Vortec 5300...

Fun Guy

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hey fun guy i know you might not want it but allen at nelson performance has done radix tunes. i know for a fact that they rock. give him a shout and i am sure he can help you out.

How can you do a tune on a specific vehicle without having that vehicle in front of you?

hey fun guy i know you might not want it but allen at nelson performance has done radix tunes. i know for a fact that they rock. give him a shout and i am sure he can help you out.

How can you do a tune on a specific vehicle without having that vehicle in front of you?

You can tell him what all is on there and how it runs, what it does, and EXACTLY how you want it to run. He will mail you a pcm that's tuned the way you want. He's supposedly 90% accurate even that way! I feel that is definetely worth the shot. His name on here is Farmtruc.Good Luck

P.s. I also Have a 2003 Silverado Z71 with a 5.3 and 3.73'S. Thats why I was asking about the supercharger. :chevy:

the mail order one's are ok as long as you get it from someone who has likely tuned through the issue's you may run into. i think the radix has an issue with a frequency made by the blower matching what the knock sensor pick's up. it's a good place to start if you can't get near anyone who can tune it for you and even better if buy a spare pcm so if it's in need of an adjustment you can just send it in at will for recalibration.

Archived