Racemesh Grill for Silverado SS

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that was for the Trailblazer SS, our should be less...only 5 pieces so $400 - 600ish?

No way no how. I called the dealer and got the price of a SS grille shell, it's $400 by itself; the OEM bottom insert is another $50. So assuming RaceMesh fabricates these like their BMW grilles my guess is that they will be into this $600 at least in cost of materials alone, not including their labor to fit the mesh, plus their markup. I am sure it will be priced very similar to the TBSS product, again that's my guess.

Mr. P.

No way no how. I called the dealer and got the price of a SS grille shell, it's $400 by itself; the OEM bottom insert is another $50. So assuming RaceMesh fabricates these like their BMW grilles my guess is that they will be into this $600 at least in cost of materials alone, not including their labor to fit the mesh, plus their markup. I am sure it will be priced very similar to the TBSS product, again that's my guess.

Mr. P.

Your SSS grille sections arent that expensive, they must have quoted you the price of the painted section...

The kit will be less than my TBSS, simply because thjere are less OEM pieces to buy and WAY less fabrication. The SSS assemblies are way easier to finish than the TBSS.

Whoever wants the best solution to the stock grilles, look at these...whoever wants to go to Home Depot and buy crappy fake mesh and fab up their own grilles, help yourself!

I cannot imagine going any other route at this point! The TBSS turned out soo good, I wouldnt buy any other kit for any of my vehicles at this point!

Steve

Your SSS grille sections arent that expensive, they must have quoted you the price of the painted section...
Yes that is what I was quoted - good to hear that the grille inserts themselves are available :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

Yes that is what I was quoted - good to hear that the grille inserts themselves are available :thumbs:

Ya, none of the painted sections will be replaced, just the gray plastic main grille sections, the lower section and the two silver brake ducts, but those come pre painted anyway...

They're in Antioch! Any of you Norcal guys interested in contacting them with your truck for use as a prototype? Posi12Bolt, you could be massively blinging yo! :jester:

[/quote

I'm interested!

The grilles left in the big brown truck today to go get done...I will be periodically updating your guys with progress photos as the project wears on. At the end, you will get all kinds of final shots as we are going to RaceMesh to install and do a photo shoot with the new grilles...

I hope you guys are ready for these!!!

Steve

The grilles left in the big brown truck today to go get done...I will be periodically updating your guys with progress photos as the project wears on. At the end, you will get all kinds of final shots as we are going to RaceMesh to install and do a photo shoot with the new grilles...

Steve

Any idea of timeline?

Steve

you hope we're ready for them!?!?

we've been ready for them since 2003!