Racemesh Grill for Silverado SS

And do you know if this is going to be 03-05, 06-07 or both?

With the grilles being different as far as templates go, these are only for the 03-05, but I can see what he has going for the 06-07. I know he got new grille for a factory 06 Silverado LT, so if thats the same for you, then the only difference with the 03-05 and yours is the main portion, because the lower and brake ducts are the same, right???

i like it . it looks like a speed grille with a little more mesh to it.

It looks nothing like a speed grille!!! How dare you, sir!

but im glad you like it! :driving:

Edited by Evil SS 2006 (see edit history)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the grilles being different as far as templates go, these are only for the 03-05, but I can see what he has going for the 06-07. I know he got new grille for a factory 06 Silverado LT, so if thats the same for you, then the only difference with the 03-05 and yours is the main portion, because the lower and brake ducts are the same, right???

yes the lower portion is the same so if there is one for the 06-07 then we can use the lower portion from the 03-05 can you find out if they are making one for the 06-07 please :thumbs:

yes the lower portion is the same so if there is one for the 06-07 then we can use the lower portion from the 03-05 can you find out if they are making one for the 06-07 please :thumbs:

He has the template for the main sections of the 06-07, so im sure he will have a solution for you 06-07 guys...but I will talk to him later this week and confim with him!

And just so we can get this all out in the open and no one gets sticker shock...These grilles will not be $50 or anything obsurdly cheap like that, there will be no mail-in or core program, no group buys, and you cannot just buy the templated and DIY the install, and thats it!

These grilles are going to be fully fabricated into new OEM grilles that he buys direct from a Chevy dealer in his area. He doesnt mark up the parts, just his labor and material. The TBSS kit in the ElectroPolished is $899, your Silverado SS kits wont be so expensive as you dont have 9 total grilles like we do!

Anyone who says they can go buy gutter material and make it look just as good is full of it! These things are absolutely amazing, anyone in or around the Northern Nevada area can look at mine anytime to see. I may be heading down to the bay area in the next few weeks to do some TBSS stuff, so hit me up if you want to see in person!

Steve

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. Why the need to buy a new grill and then have them ship it across the country and take a chance of it getting damaged, not to mention the additional shipping charges for shipping an entire grill assy.

Sounds like a way to just rape people because they have something "Special". I can't see them selling many of these with that program. If they want to sell any volume, they need to design a good quality grill that is easy to install and without the need to cut up a truck. There are others doing it, no reason they can't.

Take me off the list.......

Im gonna have to agree with AUTOGUY...i love my speed grille...its been different around here cuz everyone and their newborn has just billet grilles....now im seeing alot more speed gilles..........i love the looks of this mesh grille...alot....but there is no way a person cannot make one their own...or a company make one that us DIY....im pretty much broke with projects...saving for a house...yadda yadda..im gonna make this my own project, cuz i know it can be done...not wanting to make a buck, cuz im not making any promises..lol...but i still dont see why someone cant do this on their own...........

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. Why the need to buy a new grill and then have them ship it across the country and take a chance of it getting damaged, not to mention the additional shipping charges for shipping an entire grill assy.

Sounds like a way to just rape people because they have something "Special". I can't see them selling many of these with that program. If they want to sell any volume, they need to design a good quality grill that is easy to install and without the need to cut up a truck. There are others doing it, no reason they can't.

Take me off the list.......

Thats exactly it, he just wants to stick it to you! :crackup: Thats all he cares about is raping you! That is the dumbest thing ive ever heard...

He doesn't sell a lot of these grilles, nor does he want to, since they are completely hand fabricated from start to finish. He already sold 6 sets for the TBSS and with all the other applications he has available, he can barely keep up! He doesnt need your order anyway, so go do your DIY and tell me how it turns out...although it really shouldnt be too hard to complete, but I guarantee your wont look half as good or be half the quality of RM's! Plus, as I quote you, "I would be in if they were nice quality and no permanent Mods were needed. I do not want to cut my truck up to install a grill." Does your DIY include provisions to nor modify your grilles permanently??? Do you really want to cut up your grilles to save a couple cions???

The speed grilles are okay if you dont mind seeing the factory grille behind the overlay...

I am honestly surprised that it took you all this time (up til I just spelled everything out to you in black and white) to realize what the protocall is for these grilles. I would have thought you might have investigated a little and read into them on racemeshgrilles.com but I guess not! Plus I have explained all this once before in this exact thread...Post #41

Remember, the TBSS is substantially more than any other kit RM offers for two reasons, the OEM parts are $480 and the labor involved in cutting the fake grilles out is a lot more intensive than any other applications he offers...For those of you who want the downright best, get the RaceMesh if they decide to offer it. For those of you who want to whine about dollars and cents, go to Home Depot and buy their crap, and chop up your grilles to DIY and save the almighty dollar!

Edited by Evil SS 2006 (see edit history)

Thats exactly it, he just wants to stick it to you! :crackup: Thats all he cares about is raping you! That is the dumbest thing ive ever heard...

He doesn't sell a lot of these grilles, nor does he want to, since they are completely hand fabricated from start to finish. He already sold 6 sets for the TBSS and with all the other applications he has available, he can barely keep up! He doesnt need your order anyway, so go do your DIY and tell me how it turns out...although it really shouldnt be too hard to complete, but I guarantee your wont look half as good or be half the quality of RM's! Plus, as I quote you, "I would be in if they were nice quality and no permanent Mods were needed. I do not want to cut my truck up to install a grill." Does your DIY include provisions to nor modify your grilles permanently??? Do you really want to cut up your grilles to save a couple cions???

The speed grilles are okay if you dont mind seeing the factory grille behind the overlay...

I am honestly surprised that it took you all this time (up til I just spelled everything out to you in black and white) to realize what the protocall is for these grilles. I would have thought you might have investigated a little and read into them on racemeshgrilles.com but I guess not! Plus I have explained all this once before in this exact thread...Post #41

Remember, the TBSS is substantially more than any other kit RM offers for two reasons, the OEM parts are $480 and the labor involved in cutting the fake grilles out is a lot more intensive than any other applications he offers...For those of you who want the downright best, get the RaceMesh if they decide to offer it. For those of you who want to whine about dollars and cents, go to Home Depot and buy their crap, and chop up your grilles to DIY and save the almighty dollar!

I work very hard for my almighty dollar..to hard to give it to somebody to do something I am confident I can do. I am in no way dogging his "expertise" or ability to do this....Im just not a fan of paying someone to do something I can do...Never have..never will...so it may take me a while... a little patience ..a little studying...ill do just fine...Thanks for your concern....also..Im not in anyway trying to be an Ahole to you..or anyone else on this board or involved with that company....but when someone proceeds to tell me that I cant do something and just recommends me to pay someone an extreme amount of money to do it.....i get a little steamed.........ok...rant off...im done with the subject...when i complete this project..someday...ill take pics..thanks.....carry on...

Edited by ChevyMan23 (see edit history)

I work very hard for my almighty dollar..to hard to give it to somebody to do something I am confident I can do. I am in no way dogging his "expertise" or ability to do this....Im just not a fan of paying someone to do something I can do...Never have..never will...so it may take me a while... a little patience ..a little studying...ill do just fine...Thanks for your concern....also..Im not in anyway trying to be an Ahole to you..or anyone else on this board or involved with that company....but when someone proceeds to tell me that I cant do something and just recommends me to pay someone an extreme amount of money to do it.....i get a little steamed.........ok...rant off...im done with the subject...when i complete this project..someday...ill take pics..thanks.....carry on...

I See where you are coming from...sorry if I did offend you at all...

I agree comletely. I have been in the Aftermarket Accessory Business for 17 years, and like I said before, never heard of anyone doing it this way. I guess Mr. Evil thinks his "friend" is the only person in the world capable of doing a simple grill install. Then he gets upset when we call him out on it.

Of course since they are using his truck for a prototype, he is probably not paying for it and is not capable of doing it himself. Otherwise he would probably be the last person to spend the money these people want for this product.

I agree comletely. I have been in the Aftermarket Accessory Business for 17 years, and like I said before, never heard of anyone doing it this way. I guess Mr. Evil thinks his "friend" is the only person in the world capable of doing a simple grill install. Then he gets upset when we call him out on it.

Of course since they are using his truck for a prototype, he is probably not paying for it and is not capable of doing it himself. Otherwise he would probably be the last person to spend the money these people want for this product.

Actually its a friend on mine who is the prototype for the SSS, but I was the prototype for the TBSS...

I never once said nobody could do this, I said yours wouldnt look nearly as good, which I still stand by!

And I am completely capable of doing this myself, but im smart enough to know that when im faced with a professional that does this day in and day out and will make it perfect and myself who could get it done, and probably make it look good in the end, I would definitely have the professional do it because my time is worth way too much to be wasting it on fabricating a set of grilles...but I guess that just shows that I dont appreciate my hard earned money?!?!?!

And besides that, how do you qualify yourself as an "aftermarket" expert for 17 years of selling decals??? :driving:

Good day to you, sir!

P.S. your Yenko stripes look stupid!

Let me start off by :pop::pop::pop: !!!!

Anyways, the estimated price of these grills seems a bit over the top IMHO. I seriously doubt I would pay that much for a damn grill, but I'm sure there are some who will. As for the quality of doing it yourself, I can't for the life of me understand how you can put down someones craftsmanship when they haven't even attemped it yet. With the amount we have paid for these trucks, I seriously doubt that anyone of these fellows (AUTOGUY, ChevyMan23) would Mickey Mouse the job! I'm also sure it wouldn't cost 1/4 the amount you estimate for the SSS grill if done at home. I'm sure these RM grills are very nice, but they are very expensive as well.

As for ChevyMan23, don't you have a Cobra or something like that, that you built? I thought I remembered you having an orange one or something like that. If that is you, I'm sure you are very capable of making this grill!

Let me start off by :pop::pop::pop: !!!!

Anyways, the estimated price of these grills seems a bit over the top IMHO. I seriously doubt I would pay that much for a damn grill, but I'm sure there are some who will. As for the quality of doing it yourself, I can't for the life of me understand how you can put down someones craftsmanship when they haven't even attemped it yet. With the amount we have paid for these trucks, I seriously doubt that anyone of these fellows (AUTOGUY, ChevyMan23) would Mickey Mouse the job! I'm also sure it wouldn't cost 1/4 the amount you estimate for the SSS grill if done at home. I'm sure these RM grills are very nice, but they are very expensive as well.

As for ChevyMan23, don't you have a Cobra or something like that, that you built? I thought I remembered you having an orange one or something like that. If that is you, I'm sure you are very capable of making this grill!

YA, that last post was a bit much...my bad! I agree that they are expensive, but you get what you pay for IMO...

Sorry(everyone) for getting a little out of hand in the last post...but im just appalled that everyone is freaking out about the price and the process to these grilles as a whole when I already explained it on here once and its clearly spelled out on RM's website! I hate to use this word, but its ignorant on some posters' behalf! I am fighting to get you guys another option for grilles and everything was looking good, you were ALL excited even when I spelled everything out the first time in this thread. Then all of a sudden, a bunch of people 180 and start bashing these because of the price...I hate "Nay Sayers" and maybe some of these guys are capable of and will end up DIYing a similar setup for themselves, but 98% of the people who say that here have no intention of actually doing it They just want to bitch and say how great they are at fabrication and they could make the same thing with a pack of gum and matchsticks for 36 cents of something crazy...

Sorry again! Everyone have a nice day!!!

Actually its a friend on mine who is the prototype for the SSS, but I was the prototype for the TBSS...

I never once said nobody could do this, I said yours wouldnt look nearly as good, which I still stand by!

And I am completely capable of doing this myself, but im smart enough to know that when im faced with a professional that does this day in and day out and will make it perfect and myself who could get it done, and probably make it look good in the end, I would definitely have the professional do it because my time is worth way too much to be wasting it on fabricating a set of grilles...but I guess that just shows that I dont appreciate my hard earned money?!?!?!

And besides that, how do you qualify yourself as an "aftermarket" expert for 17 years of selling decals??? :driving:

Good day to you, sir!

P.S. your Yenko stripes look stupid!

Well ****, I am a professional that is very capable of doing this BETTER than you, probably as well as Racemesh if I wanted to.

As far as qualifying myself, I don't need to do it to you or anyone else. What I have and what I have done does that for me. I know what I have done, and others on here do too.

And If you supposedly know so much, you would know that the decals on my truck were patterened after a '69 Camaro "SS" NOT a Yenko.....