Racemesh Grill for Silverado SS

Let me start off by :pop::pop::pop: !!!!

Anyways, the estimated price of these grills seems a bit over the top IMHO. I seriously doubt I would pay that much for a damn grill, but I'm sure there are some who will. As for the quality of doing it yourself, I can't for the life of me understand how you can put down someones craftsmanship when they haven't even attemped it yet. With the amount we have paid for these trucks, I seriously doubt that anyone of these fellows (AUTOGUY, ChevyMan23) would Mickey Mouse the job! I'm also sure it wouldn't cost 1/4 the amount you estimate for the SSS grill if done at home. I'm sure these RM grills are very nice, but they are very expensive as well.

As for ChevyMan23, don't you have a Cobra or something like that, that you built? I thought I remembered you having an orange one or something like that. If that is you, I'm sure you are very capable of making this grill!

Thanks Alex, I know for a fact that Racemesh is not the only Aftermarket Company OR individual capable of making a simple mesh grill. If they were so concerned about the customer, and wanted to keep the price reasonable, they would offer an exchange program and install in a customers original grill if they want it done that way.

Ya, I am the donor...I'll keep you guys posted on the progress of the grilles for the Silvy SS

That's funny, now it's your "Friends" truck....

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got me there, I am the representative of the donor...Its my buddy's truck but I did all the set up and contact with RM to get this started for all of you SSS guys who wanted the kit. But it nice that you finally went back and saw something I wrote perviously...why not go see all the details I laid out the first time about RM and the process?

And once again, I never said RM was the only company capable of individual...I just said they would be better than your DIY hands down...

And you think RM is expensive? T-Rex has a mesh kit for the TBSS now, 7 pieces (deosnt include rear grilles) and its a full overlay trimmed in nasty stainless plate...$700. RM is 9 pieces (including rears) fully fabbed so all you have to do is swap in the new OEM grille pieces...$899. Now tell me who is a better deal???

Go do your DIY, post pics and I will post RM's job once completed. Your will probably look great, but I guess your time isnt better spent doing other projects...

You got me there, I am the representative of the donor...Its my buddy's truck but I did all the set up and contact with RM to get this started for all of you SSS guys who wanted the kit. But it nice that you finally went back and saw something I wrote perviously...why not go see all the details I laid out the first time about RM and the process?

And once again, I never said RM was the only company capable of individual...I just said they would be better than your DIY hands down...

And you think RM is expensive? T-Rex has a mesh kit for the TBSS now, 7 pieces (deosnt include rear grilles) and its a full overlay trimmed in nasty stainless plate...$700. RM is 9 pieces (including rears) fully fabbed so all you have to do is swap in the new OEM grille pieces...$899. Now tell me who is a better deal???

Go do your DIY, post pics and I will post RM's job once completed. Your will probably look great, but I guess your time isnt better spent doing other projects...

Actually I am done with this now. Like I said I do not need to prove myself to anyone but MY customers, and have done that for the past 17 years. As far as my time, it is better spent doing other things, but I still would not pay these people the price they want for something I can handle myself.

I'm sure they would be happy to see what type of reputaion someone that is not associated with their company is giving them.

Hopefully nobody buys their OVERPRICED grill for a Silverado SS, then they will have spent their time for nothing.

I just stumbled across this thread, and I also have been looking into putting a custom grille in my SS, but i agree with you 100% KissMySilvSS with that attitude I wouldn't even put one on my truck if it was free.

P.S. your Yenko stripes look stupid!

i actually like the stripe on a red truck, and secondly i gotta get my wisdom teeth pulled in a few hrs so ill be back when im drugged up :jester:

seriously, just leave this site....your wasting everyone's time now. :yellow_loser:

Its just my luck that you dont make the decisions around here, ehh?

Wow, I was scared for a minute...I am over it also, no more trying to help the SSS crew, apparently they are too cheap! No big deal, but im not leaving, so middlefinger.gif lol.

Edited by Evil SS 2006 (see edit history)

I'm sure they would be happy to see what type of reputaion someone that is not associated with their company is giving them.

And by the way, I neither work for, nor represent RaceMesh in any way! RM does know how I have "represented" him on here and you guys are exactly the reason he usually sticks to fabricating grilles for high end cars/trucks/SUV's. He went out on a limb for the TBSS and with all the support he got from all my friends over on the sister site, he decided to offer the kit. But when you guys decided to talk all the sh!t you did before I got involved in the thread, RM had decided to not do the kit. I came in with hopes of turning it all around. Now thats probably not going to happen, so my buddy is looking to have the only RaceMeshed SSS...your loss, not mine!

I simply posted this here thinking maybe you guys would be interested and welcome the kit like the TBSS guys did! But I was wrong...you guys disappointed me!

Oh well, life goes on... :driving:

Edited by Evil SS 2006 (see edit history)

And If you supposedly know so much, you would know that the decals on my truck were patterened after a '69 Camaro "SS" NOT a Yenko.....

And finally, your "SS" stripe is wrong if patterned off a 69 camaro. they are supposed to go up over the hood! You stripes look like Yenko stripes flipped upside down and backwards!

And by the way, I neither work for, nor represent RaceMesh in any way! RM does know how I have "represented" him on here and you guys are exactly the reason he usually sticks to fabricating grilles for high end cars/trucks/SUV's. He went out on a limb for the TBSS and with all the support he got from all my friends over on the sister site, he decided to offer the kit. But when you guys decided to talk all the sh!t you did before I got involved in the thread, RM had decided to not do the kit. I came in with hopes of turning it all around. Now thats probably not going to happen, so my buddy is looking to have the only RaceMeshed SSS...your loss, not mine!

I simply posted this here thinking maybe you guys would be interested and welcome the kit like the TBSS guys did! But I was wrong...you guys disappointed me!

Oh well, life goes on... :driving:

i never realized the tbss was such a high priced vehicle. i mean how much more than a sss does it cost? :yellow_loser:

And finally, your "SS" stripe is wrong if patterned off a 69 camaro. they are supposed to go up over the hood! You stripes look like Yenko stripes flipped upside down and backwards!

Ok...lets take a look.....

'69 Camaro SS....

69camarogrn005.jpg

jeremyrsss.jpg

mikes_sept.jpg

alexsss.jpg

genes_396.jpg

My Truck...

AUT_7183-1.jpg

'69 YENKO Camaros...

69yenkcam.jpg

1969chevroletcamaroyenko427zl1.jpg

Yeah...I guess your right Huh?

Now you have removed all doubt that you are a total IDIOT.....

i never realized the tbss was such a high priced vehicle. i mean how much more than a sss does it cost? :yellow_loser:

Thats why I specifically wrote that RM went out on a limb with the TBSS... whatever though, I dont want to fight about all this anymore...I said some stupid stuff here, im sorry! Thanks for all the input on not being interested due to price and my unprofessional presentation, my bad...