Tire question

J. Yates

I just put Pirelli Scorpion ATR 275/55/20.

Quiet,good dry/wet traction, very good in the snow compared to the stock Goodyears. 50,000 mile rated.

Downside, they are heavier than the stock Goodyears

$140.00 each @ Discount Tire

Pirelli ATR @ Discount Tire

Edited by hot rod truck (see edit history)

I put General Grabber UXPs on mine about 6 months ago. I love them so far. They're rated as more of a summer tire, but thety do great in the rain. We had a couple of snow/ice days this winter, and they did fine. Much better than the original Goodyears.

Take a look at Cooper Tires, they have the Discoverer H/T Plus and it comes in our factory size. I don't have them yet, but they are what I plan on buying when my Goodyears need replacing.

i have those coopers 275/55/20 on my other VHO and they look great and without a doubt is a better tire than that good year crap

I've had Yokohama AVID SUV's on my SS for almost 25000 miles now ... barely noticed any wear on them ... I feel good that they'll last a long time.

I think it's safe to say that pretty much any tire out here will outperform the stock Goodyears. I was amazed when I got my Yokes on how much of a difference they made ... I can't even chirp them ... :banghead:

Heck, I can't even get them to break loose when it rains ... :banghead:

BUT ... they make an awesome wet and dry weather tire. Quiet, too. Picked them up for $125 ea. from a distributor in Asheville, NC.

:cheers:

I just put Pirelli Scorpion ATR 275/55/20.

Quiet,good dry/wet traction, very good in the snow compared to the stock Goodyears. 50,000 mile rated.

Downside, they are heavier than the stock Goodyears

$140.00 each @ Discount Tire

Pirelli ATR @ Discount Tire

i have them on mine i love them...except they seem to get flat spots in them alot..temp dosent seem to matter or where i park...sometimes it dose and sometimes it dosent :dunno: i got mine from the Tire Rack...they are right down the street from my job $106 each...i paid our price for them