FLP's new longtubes for the SS

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

federal law states anything under 50k you can't change them with anything other than a factory replacement, and that's only if they have failed. under federal emissions laws, you also can't change the location of the cats. some people sneak past testing with them, but they aren't technically emissions legal unless you are considered a manufaturer and pay to have it re-tested and certified with that specific part. these are 50 state rules. states such as ny, ca, nj, etc, are allowed to add their own rules to that, but require at least that.

federal law states anything under 50k you can't change them with anything other than a factory replacement, and that's only if they have failed. under federal emissions laws, you also can't change the location of the cats. some people sneak past testing with them, but they aren't technically emissions legal unless you are considered a manufaturer and pay to have it re-tested and certified with that specific part. these are 50 state rules. states such as ny, ca, nj, etc, are allowed to add their own rules to that, but require at least that.

Thanks Zippy , In other words No Way Jose' :eek:

Thanks Zippy , In other words No Way Jose' :eek:

True, but I'm sure there is some laws about your N20 set-up as well. :rolleyes:

For those of us that don't live in a smog testing State the question is how much of an increase will the new cats and headers provide. You can get ASM long tubes but have to use your stock cats.

With this system plus a high quality cat back system what do you think we would be looking AT :confused:

I've made plans for a custom tune and need to get something done before I get it tuned; don't want to have to do it twice.

Just spoke with Mitch at FLP and he said he would honor their 10% sale thru next week. The advantage with this set up is its all stainless no welding required and you won't have to cut up your stock system so you could always reinstall it if you want.

I think the price will be the big hurdle for most but we senp 40K on our trucks so most of us should be able to afford it.

I think Tbryne also carries this system.

And it that it looks sweet doesn't hurt either.

Hook it up to a Corsa cat back an WOW!

I think TByrne also carries this system.

We carry the SuperMaxx header package that comes with a Y-pipe and highflow cats.

115-841300.jpg

SuperMaxx Features & Benefits

Heavy-wall aircraft quality stainless steel tubing throughout the system (1 3/4headers, 2 1/2x 3Y-pipe) for outstanding performance and durability.

Extra-thick (.375), laser-CNC-machined header flange for superior gasket sealing.

Factory-style O2 sensor bungs for direct fit and fully ODB-II compatible.

Hi-flow, stainless steel catalytic converters for increased horsepower and torque.

Slip-together union in the Y-pipe assembly allows for easy installation without welding.

Hi-flow merge-style Y-pipe for maximum exhaust flow.

Stainless steel Y-pipe flange retains the factory ball & socket connection.

Unique collector/converter connection utilizes a self-aligning, sintered metal, donut gasket for a long lasting leak-free connection.

Dynatechs new line of SuperMaxx stainless steel header exhaust systems incorporate the latest in racing exhaust technology for increased horsepower and torque.

115-841350

1999-'04 6.0 GM Truck / SUV SuperMaxx Stainless header System

$1294.99

We're currently offering this for $1195.

Tom

Archived