Boy, I got smoked!

stevebbb

Wow, with all the stories of SSs beating the Hemis. Sure he is stock? He could have done the predator or hypertech and you wouldn't even know.

I can't wait to hear what whats-his-name will have to say about this.

hey ben.. you talkin' about me? hehehehe..

oh and he can't have installed any programmers... cause there ain't none for the hemi yet.. and diablo isn't going to make one for it, ever.

unless he installed a jet, which we all know doesn't work.

oh and uhhh i've never blown the doors off an ss, not even from 50 mph... i just pulled on them, slowly but surely..

so I think you're full of it. everyone claims to "pull really hard on an ss after so many mph" BS. You're gonna pull away, maybe. but if so, barely.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I can't believe all the response from my post. First the Hemi is all stock, it has less miles than my SS. I 'm sorry I've only made 6 previous posts, but I only found this board a short while ago. I have found this board to very helpful. I was actually still just thinking about buying one until I read all the info on this site. It has answered most of questions just by reading all the posts. I still love my truck, but it needs some modification. How much would exhaust and a better breather system help?

Wow, I can't believe all the response from my post. First the Hemi is all stock, it has less miles than my SS.  I 'm sorry I've only made 6 previous posts, but I only found this board a short while ago. I have found this board to very helpful. I was actually still just thinking about buying one until I read all the info on this site. It has answered most of questions just by reading all the posts.  I still love my truck, but it needs some  modification. How much would exhaust and a better breather system help?

Well 6 post Steve, Welcome to the Site :D

I'd suggest you get your truck in for service. Your experience isn't typical, a RC Hemi may be faster than your truck but getting waxed like that means you've got one slow SS. :P Don't start the Modifications until you figure out whats wrong with it.

Hmmm, not a bad idea. I am taking it back next Wed. to get a couple of little problems looked at. I will have them check it all out. They have a really great service dept. I'll let everyone know what they find out. I really hope there is something wrong that is easy to fix. ;)

P.S. sorry about the large red font, it won't happen again.

I'm sure he is telling the truth, the times of Stock SS's can really vary. I have seen stock SS truck times vary from as quick as 14.85 to as slow as 16.10. The 16.10 belongs to a friend of mine and I witnessed it first hand and that was his best time. I'm sure the same thing goes with the Rams too, some are gonna be faster than others. It was probably a match up of a fast Ram and a slow SS.

I'm sure he is telling the truth, the times of Stock SS's can really vary. I have seen stock SS truck times vary from as quick as 14.85 to as slow as 16.10. The 16.10 belongs to a friend of mine and I witnessed it first hand and that was his best time. I'm sure the same thing goes with the Rams too, some are gonna be faster than others. It was probably a match up of a fast Ram and a slow SS.

first time i ran mine at the track i was still leary about laying in to it. i ran a 16.0 but a few weeks later and feeling better about running it hard i ran a 15.3 i guess any thing is possiable

a troll is a guy either coming from another website or just with nothing better to do than to go to a forum and write something on there to stirr up things. either stirr up unwanted conversation or basicly just try to piss people off. like if a lightning owner from another site came here and began telling his kill stories off ss's and bragging up his truck. that's a generalization of it.

Troll-- A person who posts only to inflame opinion is "trolling for flames". Most are so obvious that only the most clueless "newbies" respond.

Zippy,   What is a TROLL??  Ginnie

Or

Trolls are a head or two taller than humans, and are generally viewed by other races as ugly. They wander with slouched backs in a lumbering fashion, with long arms that dangle to their knees. Troll skin is knotted and gnarled like a root, covered with lumps and warts. There's not a lean spot on a troll's body; not even a troll's tongue is spared from disfigurement.

A troll nose is bulbous and sensitive to odors. It plays an important part in a troll's hunting habits and it can easily help detect a nearby meal such as carrion or halfling. Trolls appreciate food and will eat just about anything. A troll's stomach is like a grindstone that can digest bones and other hard materials that often accompany an unprepared meal.

A troll often acts before thinking and isn't known for being expressive. Problems are rather solved through action than words. Trolls prefer clubs over swords in a fight, but they also are good at hurling rocks at their foes. If a weapon is lacking, a troll can do a fair amount of damage with their claws and long jagged teeth.

Just having Fun :jester: The guy didn't turn out to be a troll either... Just somebody stuck with a slow SS. Again Welcome to the Forum Steve

Steve, read this guy got beat too... but he had a 4.8

(from LS1Tech.com)http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124154

On my gf's 01 ECSB 4.8. I could not belive by how little he beat me.

1st Race From a dig he pulled 1.5 truck lengths on me and did nop pull anymore. We took up to about 70.

2nd Race From a 30 roll he put 1-1.5 truck lengths on me and did not pull any more. We took it to about 80.

The only think thing this truck has is a true dual Magnaflow exhaust.

I really thought it was going to be worse.

:cheers: i think it all depends on your altitude on how quick a stock truck runs in the 1/4

I'm sure he is telling the truth, the times of Stock SS's can really vary.  I have seen stock SS truck times vary from as quick as 14.85 to as slow as 16.10. The 16.10 belongs to a friend of mine and I witnessed it first hand and that was his best time. I'm sure the same thing goes with the Rams too, some are gonna be faster than others. It was probably a match up of a fast Ram and a slow SS.

:cheers: i think it all depends on your altitude on how quick a stock truck runs in the 1/4

usually only in bench racing though.

Its very possible there is something wrong. A experienced driver could make all the diffrence. motors are funny some cars all stock can be as much as a half second quicker then another. cam grinds, gaskets, flaws in heads all could make one slower than the other. let the dealer look at it. tell them what happened. let the motor breakin some more. get a CAI and try again. dont be afraid to run him again. :thumbs:

Archived