Boy, I got smoked!

stevebbb

:icon_bs: There's no way in hell a regular hemi could take and SS from any speed. I've taken several hemi's easily.

2005 Hemi Sport : Friend owns it. Took him real bad from 0, 6-7 truck lengths @ about 100mph.

200X Rumble Bee: Some guy on the street was driving like an **** so I had to spank him from a good roll, 40ish maybe 50. Took him until 90 where I had 2-3 truck lengths.

Never raced a SRT-10, but im sure that's the only stock dodge truck that could take the SS.

All stock BTW, stock rims in all races, same with dodge drivers. Dodge have those sunflower 20''s right?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sure it wasnt a viper motor???

The ram srt -10 is no match for a supercharged ss...as a local red srt-10 found out :D

Well they were talking a stock one, but a RC SRT vs SS with just a blower and the SRT will win given if the SRT driver can drive. But a SC SS would prolly beat a QC SRT I think..

-Sam

Sorry Sam gotta call you on this one :smash: I watched first hand as my buddy in his blown SSS beat out a very capable SRT-10 driver the SSS turned a 12.7 to the SRT-10's 12.9 and the 12.9 is the fastest I've ever seen a SRT go in the 1/4. The driver had no spin at all and hit all the gears just right(No tire spin)A stock SRT will not beat out a S/C SSS unless the SS has a mechanical failure.However with the new Venom package for the SRT-10 that could change things. :thumbs:

The ram srt -10 is no match for a supercharged ss...as a local red srt-10 found out :D

Well they were talking a stock one, but a RC SRT vs SS with just a blower and the SRT will win given if the SRT driver can drive. But a SC SS would prolly beat a QC SRT I think..

-Sam

Sorry Sam gotta call you on this one :smash: I watched first hand as my buddy in his blown SSS beat out a very capable SRT-10 driver the SSS turned a 12.7 to the SRT-10's 12.9 and the 12.9 is the fastest I've ever seen a SRT go in the 1/4. The driver had no spin at all and hit all the gears just right(No tire spin)A stock SRT will not beat out a S/C SSS unless the SS has a mechanical failure.However with the new Venom package for the SRT-10 that could change things. :thumbs:

Hm, I've never heard of a SS with only a Blower go 12.7. How much boost he pushing to get that kind of gain?

-Sam

I'm with Zippy.

I know there are faster and slower trucks from the factory, but it's especially fishy that he lost to a completely stock Hemi RC if, as he states in his sig, he has a tune from Bryan. He should be at 370+ HP at the crank.

IMHO He is either a :troll: or doesn't even know how to just keep his foot to the floor. :puke:

This thread pretty old... where did this get dug up from??  Oh and yeah what everyone else said :smash:

Haha you're right fox-forma. I didn't see the date on the first post and thought this was something fresh.

Joke's on me I'm afraid... :jester::yellow_loser::crackup:

-Sam

Hm, I've never heard of a SS with only a Blower go 12.7. How much boost he pushing to get that kind of gain?

-Sam

Sam the one thing that your forgetting is that when most people get a Blower they also have changed or upgraded the tranny as well I'm sure that's what he meant, atleast that's what I meant. The stock tranny is nice but with an upgraded version it's a lot quicker.As for the boost level in his truck I'm not positive what is was but I think it was around 9-11 psi not sure though but I can ask him. :thumbs:

well.....if it helps any I got a hemi QC kill just the other day....and it wasn't even close.....and after he instigated it too! :D Jumped him a length or more off the start and added another 4 or 5 by 75mph and let off.

of course he did the ricer fly by after....then I caught him in traffic at a light and stuck my arm out.... and give him the twisting wrist, "float" wave. :lol:

Archived