Boy, I got smoked!

stevebbb

sure it wasnt a viper motor???

The ram srt -10 is no match for a supercharged ss...as a local red srt-10 found out :D

Well they were talking a stock one, but a RC SRT vs SS with just a blower and the SRT will win given if the SRT driver can drive. But a SC SS would prolly beat a QC SRT I think..

-Sam

Sorry Sam gotta call you on this one :smash: I watched first hand as my buddy in his blown SSS beat out a very capable SRT-10 driver the SSS turned a 12.7 to the SRT-10's 12.9 and the 12.9 is the fastest I've ever seen a SRT go in the 1/4. The driver had no spin at all and hit all the gears just right(No tire spin)A stock SRT will not beat out a S/C SSS unless the SS has a mechanical failure.However with the new Venom package for the SRT-10 that could change things. :thumbs:

Hm, I've never heard of a SS with only a Blower go 12.7. How much boost he pushing to get that kind of gain?

-Sam

An ATI Procharger can do that with the right upgrades!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ram srt -10 is no match for a supercharged ss...as a local red srt-10 found out :D

Well they were talking a stock one, but a RC SRT vs SS with just a blower and the SRT will win given if the SRT driver can drive. But a SC SS would prolly beat a QC SRT I think..

-Sam

Sorry Sam gotta call you on this one :smash: I watched first hand as my buddy in his blown SSS beat out a very capable SRT-10 driver the SSS turned a 12.7 to the SRT-10's 12.9 and the 12.9 is the fastest I've ever seen a SRT go in the 1/4. The driver had no spin at all and hit all the gears just right(No tire spin)A stock SRT will not beat out a S/C SSS unless the SS has a mechanical failure.However with the new Venom package for the SRT-10 that could change things. :thumbs:

Hm, I've never heard of a SS with only a Blower go 12.7. How much boost he pushing to get that kind of gain?

-Sam

Well I dunno, but by the track times list there are no SS's in the 12's on blower alone. I know they can get there with PCM and bolt ons along with the Blower ect, any vehicle can if you do the right mods. What I was arguing was a SS with just a blower, nothing else which are usually good for low 14's high 13's. I'm sure to get a 12.7 you need a tune and some other bolt ons to go along with the blower. But yes, a tranny helps a ton when you start putting down power, can't argue that one. But anyways, no use arguing a stock vehicle vs a modded one in that reguard. Cuz like another SS guy said about the R32 thing, you can add a blower to any vehicle. I don't like to compare a vehicle with a added blower to any stock vehicle, kinda goofy IMO.

-Sam

-Sam

-Sam

Sam,

I have an ati procharger...running about 10psi consistantly. I have not made it to the track, but I pulled 443 on the dyno before I blew 3rd gear. With a level 5 flp trans, header, high flow cats and a few tweeks, I was able to embarrase thesrt ram in my area. We got talking after I beat up on him...nice guy. his truck was stock mostly. Bad a@@ truck though.

Yeh I know they can be beat heh. Everything is beatable if you do enough mods or the right ones. And I hope people aren't thinking I am doubting that. I did say a SS W only a blower and nothing else will not, but I think people are taking that weird. Get that thing to the track and see what it does!

-Sam

i just got back home from the grocery store and raced a hemi on the way back. we talked at the light before the race, and after. i blew him away. 4-5 truck lengths. he commented after the race "man that thing moves!" he was a nice guy. i dont have a blower, just some basic bolt ons. he had exhaust , CAI, and some different tires and a bunch of apperance mods.

Yeh I know they can be beat heh. Everything is beatable if you do enough mods or the right ones. And I hope people aren't thinking I am doubting that. I did say a SS W only a blower and nothing else will not, but I think people are taking that weird. Get that thing to the track and see what it does!

-Sam

He's not on the board sam and I'm telling you he has a Level 5 tranny ram air induction custom exhaust and a custom tune all the things needed to not blow the thing up but still he just has a s/c and he beat the SRT 10 I watched him do it. :smash:Besides I don't think any smart racer would just put a s/c on and not back the driveline that's like the basic stuff to do

Archived