Killed my third clutch

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just put in a centerforce II in my 93 silverado with a 350 in it about a year ago and it seems to be holding really well, and i do a lot of pulling with it. This is my third clutch in it the second one only lasted like 20,000 miles because when i replaced it i missed that my ball stud and pivot arm were cracked and i wasnt getting full pressure to the clutch it had worn a hole right through the pivot arm, but just thought you would like to know that i have had no problems with this clutch.

Exxedy Twin Disc.. Or Exo Skel....Spec is garbage... I broke that shit with 420 ftlbs at the tires.... Mayb a McCleod twin disc... Time for you to go serious that is a heavy truck and a bunch of power....

You know what, this sounds like a bunch of problems you don't need right now. I'm happy to take that beast off your hands for you anytime, you just give me the word. :devil:

hmmm.... quik i think i might go to a ram VDS. hows the chatter? spec is most likely gunna screw me out of my 850 bucks, so it might be a while before i get to the Ram VDS..... unless my LS7 clutch takes a dump

ive had no issues with chatter, nor have i had any issues with it slipping or anything

really? it doesnt even chatter? damn im buying one lol. what flywheel you running?

it comes as a kit for like 850....SFI billet steel flywheel and clutch setup

1200 miles and it was nice for me, i took a look at it at 1000 miles and it still look new. clutch so good made my trans break lol

do you have the steel flywheel or the aluminum 2 peice one? and are you running the standard organic disc, the iron disc, or the bronze disc? and you launch the hell out of this thing right?

sorry for all the questions man, but i really dont have another 1k to spend if this doesnt work.... honestly i dont have the $$$ for this one :banghead: damn spec lol

do you have the steel flywheel or the aluminum 2 peice one? and are you running the standard organic disc, the iron disc, or the bronze disc? and you launch the hell out of this thing right?

sorry for all the questions man, but i really dont have another 1k to spend if this doesnt work.... honestly i dont have the $$$ for this one :banghead: damn spec lol

i just searched for ya bud and it seems that they dont clearly list the clutch package i run. i know its the VDS setup with the 910 disk, steel flywheel. it was about 850bucks and is capable of 700hp