Lebanon Valley Day at the Drags 2007

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a tire blow out in my SS last night so i won't be bringing it

Can I bring my Bike?

I'm not sure if they will let me run in the one lane whbile cars are in the other?

I ran it weds night with n o problem other than it was really crowded.

FIX THE TRUCK !!!!!!

Unknown about the bike ... get the tire fixed ....

OK guys, i just checked the weather and it looks like it will be a beautiful day tommorow. Just so everyone know what to do when they get there, IF you are running, go through tech inspection at the other end of the dirt track. Make sure and tell them you are with the SS trucks so they mark you differently (hopefully they'll catch on). Find other SS's in the pits. (i don't know where i'll be as they will be busy) be sure and check tonight and make sure ALL you lug nuts are installed, your battery is tied down, and you aren't leaking any fluids. This is pretty much all they check they should do more but they don't.

If you aren't running, just drive in the front gate and find us in the pits.

If anyone is lost or has immidiate troubles, call me and i'll help you out. Thanks

matt

413-221-2393

OK guys, i just checked the weather and it looks like it will be a beautiful day tommorow. Just so everyone know what to do when they get there, IF you are running, go through tech inspection at the other end of the dirt track. Make sure and tell them you are with the SS trucks so they mark you differently (hopefully they'll catch on). Find other SS's in the pits. (i don't know where i'll be as they will be busy) be sure and check tonight and make sure ALL you lug nuts are installed, your battery is tied down, and you aren't leaking any fluids. This is pretty much all they check they should do more but they don't.

If anyone is lost or has immidiate troubles, call me and i'll help you out. Thanks

matt

413-221-2393

Hey Matt ... If you want ... I'll lead the parade to the Tech Inspection on the West side of the track, from the meeting spot. But we can figure this out Tomorrow at the meeting spot too .... See you then.

matt

413-221-2393

Matt,

I assume they enforce the snell helmet ratings as well as a fire jacket for the (aftermarket) supercharged / nitrous guys? Do they rent helmets there? Do they require loops for anyone running Slicks or DR's? Can I tech in with my "show" wheels and then drop the DR's on or will they frown on that practice? Will they allow a laptop resting on the front passenger seat during a run?

Basically,...how strict are they? :happysad:

NHRA rule book on helmets:

10:7 HELMETS

As outlined under Class Requirements, drivers in all classes must

wear a helmet meeting Snell or SFI Specifications. Snell K98 is

acceptable in place of any Snell M-rated helmet.

SFI Spec 31.1A = Snell SA, open-face helmet

SFI Spec 31.2A = Snell SA, full-face helmet

SFI Spec 41.1A = Snell M, open-face helmet

SFI Spec 41.2A = Snell M, full-face helmet

Drivers of all cars running 13.99 or quicker must use a helmet

meeting Snell K98, 2000, 2005 or SFI Spec 31.1A, 31.2A,

31.1/2005, 41.1A, 41.2A, or 41.1/2005.

Drivers of cars running 7.49 or quicker must use a helmet meeting

Snell SA2000, SA2005 or SFI 31.1A, 31.2A, or 31.1/2005 Specs.

See Class Requirements.NHRA Helmet Expiration Dates

98 SECTION 11 - GENERAL REGULATIONS GENERAL REGULATIONS

Label Expires

Snell 90 Expired

Snell 95 Expired

Snell K98 1/1/2009

Snell 2000 1/1/2012

Snell 2005 1/1/2017

SFI 31.1 Expired

SFI 31.2 Expired

Label Expires

SFI 41.1 Expired

SFI 41.2 Expired

SFI 31.1A 1/1/2014

SFI 31.2A 1/1/2014

SFI 41.1A 1/1/2014

SFI 41.2A 1/1/2014

SFI 31.1/2005 1/1/2017

SFI 41.1/2005 1/1/2017

Two questions, Creed (or anyone else coming from north of Albany), do you think it's faster to take 90 past rt 20/9 to get to New Lebanon an then cut north on 22 near the border, or just take the 20/9 exit (11E) and go along on that one?

2nd, they have "crew parking" right? Where you go through the entry gate where they load the racers and park closer to the pits right, not right behind the grandstands?

I can bring my large snell approved helmet if anyone needs one (does have some scratches on it where it was dragged on the ground, not sure if that matters to safety techs).

Two questions, Creed (or anyone else coming from north of Albany), do you think it's faster to take 90 past rt 20/9 to get to New Lebanon an then cut north on 22 near the border, or just take the 20/9 exit (11E) and go along on that one?

2nd, they have "crew parking" right? Where you go through the entry gate where they load the racers and park closer to the pits right, not right behind the grandstands?

I can bring my large snell approved helmet if anyone needs one (does have some scratches on it where it was dragged on the ground, not sure if that matters to safety techs).

quicker, i think, just to take route 20

My tires should be on by 5 pm tonight,

The way I come down from the north is get on 90 from 787 and get off exit 11 e ST-20,

That has always been the best way for me, There's plenty of room to pass if you get stuck behind some farm tractor.

I have my bike in my truck, I have a XL Shoe if anyone needs a helmet.