drop leafs or drop hangers?

Holty

that would be very unsafe, no need for longer u bolts but stacking shims is no bueno. i think you can find 8 degree shims but imo when the axle sits at that much angle on the driveshaft it can move. but like i said as long as your within a couple of degrees of prime your good.

Ya thats what i thought but wanted to throw it out there anyways. Chase your running the exact same kit as me, what hole are you using in the hangar? And are you still happy with your Nitro Actives on the rear? I'm thinking about getting a set since my Drop 2's are too short.

Matt

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know about you awd guys but i think us rwd just need to relocate the carrier brearing bracket higher and no shims or vibration..........i love rwd :jester:

i didnt even need to do that. i have about 3.5 inches in the rear with zero vibs.

Ya thats what i thought but wanted to throw it out there anyways. Chase your running the exact same kit as me, what hole are you using in the hangar? And are you still happy with your Nitro Actives on the rear? I'm thinking about getting a set since my Drop 2's are too short.

Matt

i love how my truck rides , it never bottoms out even loaded with 4-5 people and a bed full of stuff. im using the bottom hole on the hanger i need to change it around if i were to raise one hole on the shackle and go to the lower on the hanger i think the pinion angle would be dead on. but its kind of alot of work to change the hanger holes.

For anyone that is interested i called McGaughy's last night and spoke to a guy (didn't get his name) who was very friendly and helpful. They do not sell to the public anymore but he gave me the part number for just the hangers like i needed. They are part number 33035 (MMC-33035 from Summit) and are $159.95. The guy said on my SSS they would give me atleat 2" drop plus whatever my shackles give me so i called up Summit and ordered them. Should be here tomorrow. I also ordered rear Edelbrock shocks (34023) to replace the Edelbrock shocks (34010) that i currently have on there now with just my 2" shackles.

i guess im going to do the same thing as Holty....i want lower than a 2" in the back. and i dont want to spend 3-400 bucks on leaf springs....so i guess ill go with hangers....if i just want a 2/3 " ride on my truck i can get the 2" shackles up front and do they make a 3" hanger for the back? and then what kinda of shims would i need just for a 3" in the back? all this suspension confuses the hell of out me

Edited by Oo p0op oO (see edit history)

The shackles are adjustable so you'll do the 2" hangers, then only use the middle hole for the shackles giving a total of 3". I currently have 2* shims and will switch it to 4* but that is just a guess.

• 2 weeks later...

ok well i ordered the 2" drop spindles (belltech) for the front and i ONLY ordered the hangers for the back(kinda messed up) my question is will i need any shims for JUST the hanger in the rear?

i plan on ordering the shackles for the rear soon (real soon) so i dont know which degree shims ill need....i dont really want to buy 2 different sizes....should i just wait untill i get my shackles in before i install any of the parts?