SS Drop Spindels

BSER

The ones for the Tahoes are $229.

FunGuy,

Their website says that the for Siverados using bigger than 17" wheels to use a different part number. That part number is the same as the Tahoe spindles.

Then I guess if you get them you'll have the same spindles I have. Doesn't surprise me, actually, since the front end of my Avalanche looks suspiciously like a Silverado... :eek:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Avalance is coils in the back, won't work for our truck.

I thought I had seen somewhere that Eibach made a set of leaf springs. I know Hotchkis does but I think 4" drop would be too much. I'd prefer at most 3". I know, I'm being picky about it.

MY SS actually rides and drives better lowered that it did stock, of course I lowered it at 150 miles!!! It does seem a little more broken in at 1600....it was to tight and bouncy stock.......I wonder how spindles would effect AWD life span? 4wd basically act like 2wd with normal use, GM seems to have a durability problem with AWD systems......Any GMC mechanic has a few.....(Q3, Denali's)

I lowered my '00 reg cab silverado with Bell Tech spindles up front and a hanger relocater and shackles in the back. I had a 4/6 but I'm glad I just put the 2/4. I would look into getting a C section if you drop it more than 4", I was smaking my axle on my frame every bump for about three weeks till I got it in. But, im not sure what is needed on the SS. Over all the truck rode like stock once I finished everything. I got pics but have no clue on how to put them in.

I think these are the folks you are talking about...they took an innovation award at SEMA from Chevy for their spindles.  When you call, tell them Kevin from San Diego told you about them.

McGaughy's

I just got off the phone with Mike at McGauhy's. He told me they've used their parts to lower SS's with no problems whatsoever and that the stock ride is maintained. They sell a 2" front and 3" rear deluxe kit for $384. It includes the front spindles and rear shackles and hangers. I am seriously thinking about ordering this setup. Has anyone heard anything negative about htis product?

Roger

Wow, he used spindles in front. I will be calling and ordering them soon. Thanks for the info.

Spindles are the best way to go since you are not fooling with the geometry to get your drop (with the exception of the Belltechs, of course, the ones that push your wheels out...)

At that price it is cheaper than the Ground Force kit and you won't have to cut down the front bump stops.

Or better yet combine it with a couple of turns of the torsion bars and go for a 3/4 drop which would be just about perfect. Got to check for clearance problems though.

You could go even lower by combining the ground force kit with the spindles, but pinion angels may be off then.

Spindles do sound like the best way to go. No change in ride, cutting of bumpstops, etc. My wife will love when I tell her I'm buying more products to lower my truck!! Although, for some reason, she is very understanding. But I'm not completely happy with the Torsion bar drop on the front. My truck's ride changed a bit too much for my taste. I liked the way the truck rode stock and now it's just firm enough to make me want the stock ride back. I'll be choosing professional install of the spindles though. I'm not sure I could do(or want to do) a spindle change. Now I can't wait for spring to get here.

Archived