SSS.com Calendar

SS_bnoon_SS

High Points

• Submitted pictures MUST be your own work. No snagged pics off of the internet or printed material/etc.

• Submitted pictures must be of a SUPPORTING MEMBER of this site. If you are not a supporting member, you can become one by clicking "My Controls" link when you're signed in, then under Options, click the "Paid Subscriptions" link and purchase your year membership. You gain special site access to restricted areas as well as become eligible for this calendar.

• Pictures can not contain copywrited materials, logos, etc., such as Coca-Cola, Pepsi, etc. Chevy symbols are OK since they'll be on our trucks anyway.

• You have until the end of September to get me your pics in order to have the calendar ready for purchase before the end of October.

• To include profits to donate to the site, our shipped cost will be just about 30 dollars on premium paper. We may offer other options on printing quality if there is a demand for regular paper prints for about 5-10 dollars less.

• This is NOT a thread to discuss how much cheaper you could sell a calendar or make one yourself. We've been waiting for this calendar for over a year and I've finally stepped up by purchaseing my own supplies and a comb binding machine to get this done for us. Please don't cut my legs out from under me as I will donate ALL proceeds to the site after supplies are paid for (which I got at a discounted price anyway!!!) Thanks!

Now, here's where we ask for your pics. Photo quality counts, even more so than the content held within the pics!!! Beg, borrow, or steal a high quality digital camera and get to work! Search some photography sites to learn the basics of "rule of thirds", lighting secrets, finding the right background, etc. A great looking truck shot can be ruined by a tree or a pole sticking out from behind the roof, or to busy of a background full of other cars or people. Driveway shots will be instantly tossed.

People that have been nominated for Featured Truck on this site have a guaranteed spot in this calendar. I've only got a few people's shots so far, so please forward those pics to me ASAP!!! The bigger the better! Just be sure to only send 2-3 meg at a time and zip them up, or have them hosted somewhere else and send me the links. Everyone else's pictures will be picked over by paid members in the Gasoline Alley area, where we will make our final votes for who else to consider. REMEMBER submitted pics MUST be of a PAID MEMBER's ride!!!

Some extra shots will be included as well though. I need multiple smaller shots from local meets, Zippy events, etc. Pics that would be best for these accent shots would include a lineup of several Silverado SS's/VHO's next to each other, etc.

Email them to:[email protected]

Most of all, HAVE FUN!

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you have an email to send them to?? I have zippy 2 and 3, I also have a few SSS w/TBSS in back ground.

ANY DETROITERS lets hook up at the train station and shoot some pics-like they do in motor trend!

I have a ok camera, so let me know when you are clean.

Bob47-Any tips you have for shooting our trucks??

Sweet, I would like to vote for trucks only so I can hang it up at work, but if there is some T&A on a month I could hide it:)

Here is my submission

Kodak001.jpg

Just kidding.....seriously though.... you guys need to watch the reflections as well .... make sure their isnt' anything stupid reflecting in your paint .... check your tires .... make sure you have a little angle on the wheel to show off those rims .... license plates ... take em off or cover em ( or leave them on if you want )......bring some quick detail juice with you for a quick wipe down at the location......shoot early in the morning or late in the day ( sunrise/sunset ) those are the most dramatic color wise ..... Tripods help, keep the camara level unless you are going for the wierd rice angles .... shoot a bunch of photos, decide later what the best angle was .... just some ideas

Edited by Big O (see edit history)

[quote name='detjoe' date='Aug 21 2007, 10:51 AM' post='423195'

ANY DETROITERS lets hook up at the train station and shoot some pics-like they do in motor trend!

I have a ok camera, so let me know when you are clean.

Bob47-Any tips you have for shooting our trucks??

Joe, Weekends or late evenings are good for me. Just let me know when.

As for tips---Lighting is a huge factor. Really look through the viewfinder. Pay attention to where the sun is. Shadows are magnified in a picture. Generally, you want the sun at your back if possible. As Big O said, mornings or evenings are best. Much better quality of light.

Shoot from many angles. Slight variations can make a huge difference. Shoot from down low, up high, more to the right, more to the left, etc. Turn your lights on/off.

Watch the details. Clean and shine your tires. Get rid of that little smudge in the paint. Pay attention to the background. People tend to look at the subject (truck) and don't "see" the background. Trees growing out of the roof of your truck for example. Look for reflections in the windows and paint. This is especially important on the black trucks.

Fill the frame. It's a picture of your truck. Not the scenery. At least 2/3 of the picture should be the truck.

Shoot to please yourself. Pictures taken to please others rarely do.

Bottom line-----shoot, shoot, shoot. Digital "film" cost nothing. Shoot like a mad man and edit out what you don't like.

Hope this helps.

good on yer SS_bnoon_SS for stepping up for this project, put me down for a couple (i'll pay the extra cost for shipping to the UK)

i will be away at the nasc hot rod nats this weekend i'll get some shots of my truck and send em to you

again WELL DONE BUDDY

EAMONN