SSS.com Calendar

SS_bnoon_SS

Here are some pics

FWIW, I really like the shot on the left. Nice, unique angle, trucks clean and an uncluttered background. :thumbs: My only suggestion would be to shoot it again with the sun on the other side of the truck. (drivers side)

Hope nobody minds my criticizism. Tell me and I won't do it anymore. I'm really just trying to help get the best pics possible. I'll submit some soon and you guys can tear mine apart. :D

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah ... I have always loved that picture of your truck ... even with the tree sprouting up. Very flattering to the truck ... gives it a lot of body and a mean stance ...... and leaves turning gives it some attitude ... That is what the calander needs to be!!

Edited by Big O (see edit history)

Yeah ... I have always loved that picture of your truck ... even with the tree sprouting up. Very flattering to the truck ... gives it a lot of body and a mean stance ...... and leaves turning gives it some attitude ... That is what the calander needs to be!!

:withstupid:

I am waiting for the leaves to turn too ... but that is late Sept. early Oct. .... Hope I can get a nice shot off before the deadline!!!!

Thanks, the pic of your truck is one of my favorite too. From what I've seen in other topics, you've got an eye for photography. Most of your pics are above average.

I like that bowtie! :thumbs:

Thanks, modified Shopman bowtie.

Here's a couple examples of well lit, well composed shots.

273719249.jpg

273719241.jpg

One of my favorite pics if not for the tree growing out of my roof. :banghead:

273719245.jpg

The top one actually doesn't have the best lighting because of the direct sunlight and resulting glare. It's a good angle shot though.

The third one is a great shot except for the tree as mentioned. If you have a larger version of it, I would still consider it for a fall month picture! Submit it!

..and by all means, let people know what's wrong with their pics, but be sure to offer a correction for the complaint as was done above. Rockhead, I agree with what he said, and add that your pics are how trees should be shot in the distant background. Reshoot those shots with better lighting and loose the brick thingie out of the second shot. Good ones otherwise!

Heres a couple of mine....

Truckshots016.jpg

Truckshots021.jpg

-Rob

Rob, you have a clean truck and a nice idea for the top shot, but could you reshoot it against a side of the building that doesn't have doors, or at least open doors? It throws it off a bit. The bottom shot is a throw away shot because of the other lame cars in the background. Both shots are well lit, even though it looks as if you shot those in the middle of the day, but there's no glare. Good job with that part!

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)