Aeroforce Intercepter Groupbuy

sprayed99

Theres no need to tap into anything... the gauge is powered by the OBDII port.... unless maybe wiring to a switched 12v would allow the unit to know when the power was triggered off... but you'd think it'd get that same info via the OBDII port. Thats supposedly a clean regulated supply of power unlike tapping a switched powersource which could have interference from other electronics.

I'll contact Aeroforce and see what they have to say... I tried everything I could think of and ended up with the same result. Even stranger is the fact that if I bump the data rate all the way up to 6 it never turns off... I did that last night and let it sit... came back after 45 minutes and it was still on and monitoring IAT and trans temp. :confused:

i know what your saying about they just plug into the obdII port but aren't there any other wires besides the harness? maybe they've changed but mine being duals had 3 small additional wires plugged into the back of each unit not counting the main sealed harness. 2 were for the analog feature if you wanted to use that(green & brown i think) and the third (red) is for power. directions were pretty straight forward on how to hook it up. they even suggested using a fuse block and i ended up tapping into power on the drivers side fuse panel.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you using yours for boost? Not much in terms of directions from aeroforce for wiring in the boost sensor.

I am interested in this as well, since I have 2800 bucks saved for a Radix :)

I got my gauges yesterday. They look very cool! Thanks Danny for setting up this GB.

Mike

Edited by Vortec MAX (see edit history)

Are you using yours for boost? Not much in terms of directions from aeroforce for wiring in the boost sensor.

No blower = no need for boost gauge

i know what your saying about they just plug into the obdII port but aren't there any other wires besides the harness? maybe they've changed but mine being duals had 3 small additional wires plugged into the back of each unit not counting the main sealed harness. 2 were for the analog feature if you wanted to use that(green & brown i think) and the third (red) is for power. directions were pretty straight forward on how to hook it up. they even suggested using a fuse block and i ended up tapping into power on the drivers side fuse panel.

all in one harness broski.... at least thats how I understand the directions. Only certain applications require you to splice to a power source... the TBSS pulls the power and data thru the OBDII port... the additional wires included with the kit were for wiring analog inputs, which I don't have any need for right now.

I am having the same issue. It powers from the OBD port but doesn't power off unless you unplug the port. I even tried wiring it through switches for an on/off, but that didn't work either. Are Dylan and I the only ones having this issue? Dylan, did you get it resolved? I am stumped. I would prefer not to have to unplug it from the OBD port everytime I turn off the truck.

I am having the same issue. It powers from the OBD port but doesn't power off unless you unplug the port. I even tried wiring it through switches for an on/off, but that didn't work either. Are Dylan and I the only ones having this issue? Dylan, did you get it resolved? I am stumped. I would prefer not to have to unplug it from the OBD port everytime I turn off the truck.

I posted a question on their tech forum yesterday and so far no response. I do find it a tad bit frustrating that they don't offer a phone number or contact email for questions like this b/c now I just have to wait and see if/when he'll even check the forum and respond.

Sounds like we're actually having seperate issues... mine will power off for a minute or 2 when I turn the truck off, but it powers back up and continues to power cycle indefinitely. Doesn't seem to be a huge drain on the battery as I've left it plugged in for periods of 3-4 hours without any ill effects, but I don't like a bright white light flashing on and off in my interior drawing attention to the fact I have after market goodies inside... might as well mount a big lit sign that says "STEAL FROM ME" on the roof.

Danny, if you're not busy can you maybe drop them a line and let them know a couple of us are having issues and see if they'll check the tech board this weekend... I'd like to take care of this while I have spare time instead of having to wait and do it during my already hectic week.

Thanks Danny. You are correct. I pulled the red jumper off the back of the gauges and used the red wire from the mini harness to power it to an ignition source. It now turns on and off correctly. Now I just need to read how to use them. Thanks for your help. I think my confusion was that it would power up without using the second harness.

Bummer man I have had to go through that too, but look on the bright side. at least hes there to look out for his customers.

I just wish he was more responsive or gave me a number to call... I got his PM with the return address, but I want to know if I should send everything including the cable or just the gauge.... I'd prefer not to have to pull the cable after I routed it so nicely and zip tied it into place. I replied to him, but still no response. :(