Aeroforce Intercepter Groupbuy

sprayed99

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dammit... I heard a knock at the door a couple minutes ago and heard the UPS truck... thought to myself "SWEET!! GAUGE IS HERE!!" ran to the front door.... no gauges... some clothes my wife ordered from Gap.com :(

Hope everythings OK Danny... never a fun thing to deal with for sure.

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)

Dammit... I heard a knock at the door a couple minutes ago and heard the UPS truck... thought to myself "SWEET!! GAUGE IS HERE!!" ran to the front door.... no gauges... some clothes my wife ordered from Gap.com :(

Doh!!!!

WOOT!! Got mine and installed it today!! Thanks Danny.

I am having one problem... the guage works great... all the settings and everything are awesome, but for some reason it continues to power cycle even after the tbss is shut off... I thought maybe it would stop after a little bit so I pulled the key, closed the doors, and gave it a wash... I peered into my window after about 40 mintues (wash/dry time) I could see it still going thru startup, and then shutting down for a minute, powering back up, so on and so on.

Its only hooked into the OBD2 port, no need to jump the 12v connection for switched power according to the manual... is there something I'm missing here?

mine did the same thing....i think you have to make sure that you tap into a source that is hot both with the key on and hot in the run position. my first attempt at wiring up the power lead led mine to be on all the time. danny would surely know best though.

i'll be putting mine in a few weeks, I want over to aeroforcetech.com forum to see if anyone

posted the problem, did not see anything, please post up if/when you find out whats up.

Edited by shakesvho (see edit history)

mine did the same thing....i think you have to make sure that you tap into a source that is hot both with the key on and hot in the run position. my first attempt at wiring up the power lead led mine to be on all the time. danny would surely know best though.

Theres no need to tap into anything... the gauge is powered by the OBDII port.... unless maybe wiring to a switched 12v would allow the unit to know when the power was triggered off... but you'd think it'd get that same info via the OBDII port. Thats supposedly a clean regulated supply of power unlike tapping a switched powersource which could have interference from other electronics.

I'll contact Aeroforce and see what they have to say... I tried everything I could think of and ended up with the same result. Even stranger is the fact that if I bump the data rate all the way up to 6 it never turns off... I did that last night and let it sit... came back after 45 minutes and it was still on and monitoring IAT and trans temp. :confused:

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)

Bet the temps were nice and cool. LOL I plan on wiring mine through lcd switches on the console mount I bought. I guess if I have this problem I could just turn off those switches, but I hope there is no need to rely on that. Are you using yours for boost? Not much in terms of directions from aeroforce for wiring in the boost sensor.