Custom SS Roll Pan II

Come on guys we need 3 more to commit. Just think, we have a chance to be the only 15 guys to have these so far. You might see another SS in your town, but I'll bet they won't have this roll pan. :cool:

Even if you buy one now and don't use it I bet you'll be able to get your money back plus some if you sell it.

Now thats a custom mod. in my opinion.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Come on guys we need 3 more to commit. Just think, we have a chance to be the only 15 guys to have these so far. You might see another SS in your town, but I'll bet they won't have this roll pan. :cool:

Even if you buy one now and don't use it I bet you'll be able to get your money back plus some if you sell it.

As much as I would love to, I think I already have enough stuff under my hood that no other SS around here has. :D

:withstupid:

I'm assuming that was a confimation Troyz34, and I'm adding you to the confirmed list. Still need 2 more, assuming gear em up stays with us.

And the question about the stock hitch was answered correctly. You will not be able to use the stock hitch it is intergrated into the bumper.

If you have more questions about the development and installation issues you can look under the first custom roll panthread that explains all the issues we had. Some of which you guys will have to deal with also(hitch, spare ect.) There is way to much info there for me to retype it here.

gear m up I have you as confirmed at this time; do you want to remain on the list?

The spare is an issue; it will fit if you use a spare tire relocator ($30 or less); but some of the spare will show(That spare is huge). There is more info about this in my first thread about this roll pan.

Its up to whether you carry the spare or not. I installed the relocator on mt truck to see if the spare would fit but i didn't like the spare looked so I took out the spare. I don't need it around town and Just throw it in the back if I'm going out of town. But that's your choice. It does reduce the weight of the truck about 80lbs and dropping the bumper reduces it even more. Less weight more speed :D

I don't want to whine but if you haven't read both threads on this roll pan completely, please help me out and go back and do so. Typing this stuff over and over is slow going for me. I'm not the fastest typest in the world. I'll try to copy the most pertinent info from the original therad so most of the questions will be answered.

What04 you are added ..thanks

here's some of the info from the original thread:

Ok guys i know it's been a while but we finally rolled my SS into the shop and have started on the roll pan. We decided to use a steel roll pan for a standard silverado as a starting point.

It apears that the stock 20 inch spare will not fit once the roll pan is installed' even with the use of a spare tire relocator.

We also are going to use a hidden hitch set up so we will be able to maintain the towing capabilities.

Removal of the stock bumper and hitch is more involved than you would think. Lots of wires, spare hardware and all the bumper mounts have to be disasemble on the truck before the bumper will come out. took 2 of us about 1 1/2 hours.

-----------

We've completed the rough installed roll pan. No ducts....we tried but it never looked right so we completed it smooth and will think about the exhaust ducts later.

------------

The hidden hitch installed in about 5 min. no clearance issues. Just recieved the spare tire relocator and will install this afternoon (looks simple)....... It was!

------------

Spare relocator works but way to much tire shows beneath the roll pan, really looks ugly and there is only about 1/2" clearance from the rear differential. It rests on the hidden hitch which makes it hang about 4 inches lower than without the hitch. Even without the hitch 2 to 3 inches of tire still show and it looks bad because with the big spare we have it rests right up next ot the roll pan.

Solution...no spare. When I go on a trip out of town I'll throw it in the bed otherwise it can sit in the shop. Besides I can allways use a little weight reduction.

---------

I think that's the most imortant suff that wasn't already on this thread; all the other ifno on material choice and the whole development process ect. can be read on the other thread.

Well I need a new bumper because mine got smashed in a parking lot while I was inside getting my haircut. It kind of sucks, I'm 16 and this is my first car, and it has already been keyed and hit. I think I'll probably be in if I can convince my dad to buy the bumper and I pay for the hidden hitch. I'll let you know for sure this weekend.

BTW: Looks sweet! :thumbs:

Well I need a new bumper because mine got smashed in a parking lot while I was inside getting my haircut. It kind of sucks, I'm 16 and this is my first car, and it has already been keyed and hit. I think I'll probably be in if I can convince my dad to buy the bumper and I pay for the hidden hitch. I'll let you know for sure this weekend.

BTW: Looks sweet! :thumbs:

Damn, an SS when your 16. Sweet first ride. :thumbs:

Yeah, I'd say I am awfully lucky but my Dad knows how much I love cars, and also felt it was a worthy reward for my hard work and good grades at school. I'm just not too lucky about keeping my truck safe from fools :fume:

That sucks that someone keyed it. I hate jeulous people.

Keep up the good grades and maybe dad will throw in a supercharger. :thumbs:

Archived