Custom SS Roll Pan II

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guys!! I am roll pan stupid so here we go>

If we get fiber glass, what do we do about the bumper?, can we use the regular inside of the bumper? or do we have eliminate the bumper to replace it with the fiber glass? Sorry simple question but I have to know this before i confirm. I am thinking if I ever get rear ended let's say by a F dumb 50 try to catch up with me, will I have a real bumper back there? :lol:

A roll pan iliminates the bumper. If you get rear ended with a roll pan there's not much protection.

I had a fiberglass rollpan on my last truck. Got rear ended in traffic once, around a 10 MPH collision. With a bumper, probably a few scratches. As it was, I had to replace the rollpan.

That won't stop me from buying one of BSER's rollpans though. Not only does it look great, but I'm looking forward to pulling into the garage! I was preparing to do major surgery on the back wall of the garage, this is much better!

The roll pan Looks great! I think I would order one myself but I have a few questions about the roll pan, what is the size of the gap between the roll pan ans the truck itself. The picture look like a very small gap and that makes it look wicked. One more thing, would they come painted and ready for install trailer hitch aside?

The roll pans will be high quality(or i won't ship em) but will come unfinished. This will allow you to do some adjustment and get those gaps as tight as you want before painting (assuming you have a decent Body man). They will be similar in finish to other fiberglass products out there.

You will have to paint but they will fit right out of the box. Every truck has slight differances so don't expect the pan to fit as tight as mine without some minor adjustments. We trial fitted mine several times before I was satisfied.

My plan is to intall the first one on my truck. I will be able to take pics of it and give a resonable estimate of time/labor it will take to finish. All body shops charge diffrently so you'll have to get prices from them. I will probably install it unfinished so you will be able to get a clearer picture of what you will be purchasing.

I will be attending the Dallas tunning rally on the 24th with several others from this forum and they will be able to give you a good idea of the quality you can expect. I will hopefully get a couple of them to add to this thread afterward with their opinions, then we will go to production if we have enough firm commitments.

So far I have 13 that have confirmed they want one. Need 2 more confirmed then I will get the ball rolling.

CONFIRMED:

1. pepstep

2. ssilverado60

3. m396#00-011

4. vdrumright

5. rico750sxi

6. adams2003

7. slimsoftball

8. silsteve

9. ash

11. sundowner

12. plwtwo

13.Troyz34

14. What04

If you want to be added or removed from this list please let me know.

I don't want to paint em, to easy to get scratched up in shipment. Besides you should always do a trial fit before painting to get your holes drilled ect. if you don't you will scratch up the paint doing the install.

It will be at least a month before I ask anyone for payment. I know I'm taking a chance here but I'm gonna pay for the set up, molds ect. and get the first one made before I charge anyone anything. I will ask for payment once I have a finished product that meets my standards. I also want to have my body man sign off that it will be simple to paint and install. What looks ok to me may not look good to a pro. In other words I'm not gonna take any chances on shipping something that may come back to haunt me.

I also have to have one to figure how I'm gonna box them for shipment etc. So you guys still have some time yet.

I don't want to paint em, to easy to get scratched up in shipment. Besides you should always do a trial fit before painting to get your holes drilled ect. if you don't you will scratch up the paint doing the install.

It will be at least a month before I ask anyone for payment. I know I'm taking a chance here but I'm gonna pay for the set up, molds ect. and get the first one made before I charge anyone anything. I will ask for payment once I have a finished product that meets my standards. I also want to have my body man sign off that it will be simple to paint and install. What looks ok to me may not look good to a pro. In other words I'm not gonna take any chances on shipping something that may come back to haunt me.

I also have to have one to figure how I'm gonna box them for shipment etc. So you guys still have some time yet.

:withstupid:

Yeah its always better to check the fit on something like this before you paint it.

That's awesome. :thumbs:

Would luv to have something like that.

In this city I'm better off with the steel bumper and the big receiver hanging off the hitch back there.

Too many uninsureds that can't drive running around this town.

They've never hit one of my trucks, but they've taken out 2 very nice cars (in a row) I've owned. :fume:

WW :smash:

BSER, only one question....

Will this work with the stock hitch?

If so, mark me as firm. :thumbs:

OK guys don't get carried away with that firm comment... :jester:

No you have to buy a hidden trailer hitch pacakage that runs about $140 or so.

Archived