438 Twin Turbo

2004Denali

need to log in to read. can someone post the artical

Very bad news everyone.

Mark had a fire at his house last night, his garage and many of his belongings are a total loss, his just finished Denali was in the garage and is also a total loss. He hasn't yet determined whether the basic engine and heads are salvageable or not. No question the truck is totaled, the interior and the complete engine bay are toast.

Marks new laptop was in the garage so he currently has no Internet access nor elect service in his house. He will fill us all in with more details when he can.

Please, at this time, no-one make plans for Dfest. I'm not sure yet, but I'm thinking we'll cancel this year

Mark my friend, I am so sorry. You are one of the best persons I know, you didn't deserve this!

EDIT 6/16/08

Mark, I know how you are and I don't want any argument about this..I set up a fund for you to help with the rebuild of your life. I setup a paypal account for you [email protected]. It is completely in your name and I have just e-mailed you the passwords to access it.

Anyone that is able, please contribute to help our friend Mark get thru this catastrophe that he is enduring.

Paypal [email protected].

Thanks everybody!

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very sorry to hear about what happened but just wanted to let you know i just picked up my truckin and the featurte on your truck is awesome i would love to get mine featured itwas a very sweet truck and again im sorry to hear about what happened :(:(

I opened this post expecting to see an update on a great truck. To say the least, I am shocked. I join the others in saying how sorry I am to see what has happened to you. It's good to hear that no one was injured, but I'm sure there's pain in the thoughts of what happened. Best of luck in rebuilding everything.

Truly heartbreaking. This isn't much of a silver lining, but at least it made it to the magazine before everything was lost. Very sorry, I hope that you are back on your feet asap.

- Mr. P.

yeah this f*cking sucks to hear :( , i got a call from Dave on saturday about this and i was in total shock. Mark has posted on pt.net a little since he's doing fine, he his family and there pets all got out safely. the truck was not the cause of the fire he learned that an extention cord cause a spark which eventually caused the fire but Mark being the true truck and modding addict that he is he jumped in the truck and tried to pull it out while the garage was on fire(crazy right :eek: ) but he said the heat was unbearable and he had to get out. he will be getting situated in the next couple of days and will be checking in as he can over on pt.net but once again this is truely a lost to the truck community, his Denali was such a sick truck which never saw it's potential on full boost. Mark is already thinking of his next project but is stil trying to get everything back in order.

-Rob

I opened this post expecting to see an update on a great truck. To say the least, I am shocked. I join the others in saying how sorry I am to see what has happened to you. It's good to hear that no one was injured, but I'm sure there's pain in the thoughts of what happened. Best of luck in rebuilding everything.

Truly heartbreaking. This isn't much of a silver lining, but at least it made it to the magazine before everything was lost. Very sorry, I hope that you are back on your feet asap.

- Mr. P.

Wow I cant believe that happened. Im really sorry to hear about it. That was one of the sweetest trucks Ive ever seen, I hope you get everything straightened out with your insurance company.

:withstupid::omg::eek::omg::eek::omg: I am speechless right now! I really don't know what to say......Mark, my condolences to you and your family, I hope everything works out in the end. This is truly a sad day for this forum, the GM performance community, and truck lovers in general. :(:cry::tear::shakehead:

:withstupid:

I'm speechless. I'm so sorry to hear about that. It was such a nice truck and to see it burn must of hurt so much.

first off I would like to thank everyone for there kind words and for those that sent paypals

you guys are great group of guys,

I am doing great. things will work out just fine.

I am already thinking about my nest project. it might not be as fast or as pretty but I promise it will be something unique.

Mark