438 Twin Turbo

2004Denali

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to copy and paste ricks comments and the dyno graph

Ok, Ok, Ok. Everyone settle down.

Ok, so here is the low down from today. I only have about 60 miles on the setup so I am keeping him on low boost for now which is about 12psi through the runs. The motor is pretty healty at a nice high ten low 11 AFR. But it does come alive when you lean her out. But thats not what I was going after. I just wanted to make sure the damn thing works. hehehe.

Works it does. The graph I am posting is one of them, but not where I ended up. I wound up maxing out the dynos TQ capacity on the last few runs when I leaned it out for more power that it caused me to erase the few higher pulls. Oh well, I will have more chances later for more runs on another dyno. The Dyno maxed out because my dyno is rated at 3300ft lb divided by what ever gear ratio the chassis has. So since his truck has 4.10's in it, the dyno stopped at 810 ft lb. If the gear was different, say a 3.73, I could go alittle further with it. Not bad for low boost. Of course it kept making more as I leaned it out, but its ok. Its just a start anyways for this truck. So off the dyno to put the AWD case back in it. By the way, just in case you are wondering, I modifiied another AWD case to be a direct dyno case as a 2WD. Worked good.

So here they are, just a start, I DONT WANT TO HEAR....it should have made more, or how come you didnt turn it up, or blah blah blah. IF you paid for it, you would be saying a different song. I have to make sure it all holds before we get crazy with it.

So on the street, the AWD kicks so much ass. This truck hooks and goes. The boost on the dyno came full bore around 3000rpms. I tried to sized everything on this truck to act like his maggie did. I knew it would be hard to convert a maggie guy to a twin turbo guy. So I think I did a pretty good job with how the boost comes in. Its super quick, you step on it and it gets up like a bat out of hell. I didnt think it would hit that quick and my one handed driving quickly became two hands.

So thats all. Simple....so far.

BTW, the last graph I had before it got deleted said about 805TQ and 730+ HP.

Rick

MarkLowBoost.jpg

picking up a spare transfer case just incase mine decides to take a dump on me,

go to the G2G in AZ on the 22nd

it is only 5 hours from LA

Not too sure about that one...a trip to Arizona wasn't really in my schedule