Holty's New Best

Holty

:ughdance: Now that's a hike! It is supposed to be one of the best tracks in the nation (300ft above sea level) next to Englishtown and Atco. They often experience -1000ft DA's in the late fall so I am told.

yes thats what ive heard to. its about 4/10s faster then PRP on average. its nice to go to that track and pull off a great time but when coming to home track and cant back it up...ya know...you say hey im a 11s truck but you cant back it up, kinda sucks

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its nice to go to that track and pull off a great time but when coming to home track and cant back it up...ya know...you say hey im a 11s truck but you cant back it up, kinda sucks

I feel that getting an 11 second slip will at the very least bring the driver personal gratification for the hard work, money and busted knuckles they poured into their truck. I say go for it, and hang the slip in the garage over your tool box next to the Playboy calendar as a memento of accomplishment.

I agree Kevin, it would be nice to have that 11 second slip, but it will come next season when the n20 get put on. Don't get me wrong though, i'm very happy with the times its running for sure. I am very satisfied knowing i'm one of the few that has gotten to take there truck down to the bare frame and build it up from there. At the time it sucked majorly, but now i do feel a sense of gratification or acomplishment knowing that i did it myself, along with help from good friends that stood by me even at bad moments. It would have taken me about 3 times longer without them as i'm the slowly but surely type if you know what i mean. But, nonetheless, its my truck, and i've spent alot of time, money, and hours making it what it is. I'll never do it again, but it was worth it for sure.

yes thats what ive heard to. its about 4/10s faster then PRP on average. its nice to go to that track and pull off a great time but when coming to home track and cant back it up...ya know...you say hey im a 11s truck but you cant back it up, kinda sucks

Isn't that the same as a guy who drives on the street using 30" tall normal street tires and brags about the times that they ran on a 26" tall slick???

I say go for it. I think he has the parts to get him into the 11's anyway, going to a better track just might be what it needs.

Isn't that the same as a guy who drives on the street using 30" tall normal street tires and brags about the times that they ran on a 26" tall slick???

I say go for it. I think he has the parts to get him into the 11's anyway, going to a better track just might be what it needs.

i guess youre referring ot me..... i know of plenty of ppl that go to other tracks and get great times. then they come back to PRP and cant match those times. they are usualy within a .5 of a second of that time. now if the home track was cecil then saying tire size could be different. im stating reguardless of how your are setup for the track. the different track location is going to net different times.

thats like doing the correction factor and saying you run this time when your slip doesnt show that. go to different track run differnt times. come to home track and run different times. yes a slip is a slip but you cant back up that time at home so what does the vehicle really run then?

i guess youre referring ot me..... i know of plenty of ppl that go to other tracks and get great times. then they come back to PRP and cant match those times. they are usualy within a .5 of a second of that time. now if the home track was cecil then saying tire size could be different. im stating reguardless of how your are setup for the track. the different track location is going to net different times.

thats like doing the correction factor and saying you run this time when your slip doesnt show that. go to different track run differnt times. come to home track and run different times. yes a slip is a slip but you cant back up that time at home so what does the vehicle really run then?

dude, he is not talking about you, take it easy.

I wasn't referring to your truck, more just asking what your opinion was in comparison. Most of the PT.Net guys that are 2wd use a short track tire (slicks or dr's) and drive on the street with around a 30" or so street tire. Some of them even short belt and remove seat's and stuff. In the case of modifications like that, wouldn't it be just better to just run the truck at a different track in the form that you actually drive it? I've been to local weekly shows and events of that type with people that will talk about how fast their vehicle is by their best time and yet they couldn't run that same number in the trim that they drive it every day by a big margin. To me traveling a bit further just to get a better slip would be equal to that or even better. Not taking shots at you quick, just going for your opinion.

btw, I also highly agree about the correction factor. It's useless to me.

I wasn't referring to your truck, more just asking what your opinion was in comparison. Most of the PT.Net guys that are 2wd use a short track tire (slicks or dr's) and drive on the street with around a 30" or so street tire. Some of them even short belt and remove seat's and stuff. In the case of modifications like that, wouldn't it be just better to just run the truck at a different track in the form that you actually drive it? I've been to local weekly shows and events of that type with people that will talk about how fast their vehicle is by their best time and yet they couldn't run that same number in the trim that they drive it every day by a big margin. To me traveling a bit further just to get a better slip would be equal to that or even better. Not taking shots at you quick, just going for your opinion.

btw, I also highly agree about the correction factor. It's useless to me.

i see, most including myself dont run in pure street trim. well for 08 if i get on the road ill be full trim. to much pain to remove shit with how the truck is setup now. and with as much gear as i have 30" tire is what i need to run

if thats the case then Josh is guilty of removing subs and back seat and tailgate. just stating if you go to cecil and run a 11. thats a nice thing to say but going on bragging about how your have an 11s truck but you cant back it up. How i see things is you have to be able to back up your fastest time. i mean if example. You only ran a 12.2 once and the rest of your runs were 12.5. did you really run a 12.2? cause it could of been a glitch in the timing for the track. Ive seen it. somehow i ran a 12.9@112 in a stock motor mustang. meanwhile back on earth it was a low 13 car that woudl trap around 101-102. say you run a 11.99 but only once is it really a 11s ride or is it a measerely 12.0 ride? my whole point is you can get a slip but coming back to home track and running a slower time. you may be a XX.XX ride at cecil but at PRP you would only be a xx.xx truck. get my point?

Quik, to be honest, I thought you were talking about me. :happysad: When I read this I went home a dug up my old slips at my local track vs. the slip from Atco (my 11.95) and brought them to work with me to scan in. I have a habit of not posting my new times until I feel I ran my best even though I bettered my old posted times. :thumbs:

1020071308.jpg

he was averaging 12.5s all day but on his last run i seen 12.26@ 108 i do believe

and thats his combo right there.. but i will say that dakaota wasnt much match for ya

I am not a fan of Dodge at all but to keep this fair, that truck runs on 5lbs of boost and no NOS. It was origianlly set up for NOS but ROE Racing said that more than 5lbs of boost will blow up the engine and NOS would speed up the process. The truck does have drag suspension in the back and front. ROE racing claims that if you forge out the stock engine and run higher boost levels with NOS it will run in the 10's.

IMO those time should be better for a V10 but its a dodge.

I don't feel i need to go to a fast track to turn an 11 second timeslip, i'm certain i could do it at PRP if only i could use 16inch wheels from a regular silverado. But its no big deal really, i know my truck is fast, i don't need to prove to the world, the internet racers, or anyone for that matter except myself. Thats why we all race to begin with right? I think this debate is pointless....

I am not a fan of Dodge at all but to keep this fair, that truck runs on 5lbs of boost and no NOS. It was origianlly set up for NOS but ROE Racing said that more than 5lbs of boost will blow up the engine and NOS would speed up the process. The truck does have drag suspension in the back and front. ROE racing claims that if you forge out the stock engine and run higher boost levels with NOS it will run in the 10's. IMO those time should be better for a V10 but its a dodge.
I don't believe he wasn't running n20, but whatever. I saw a bottle hooked up in the bed of his truck. Either way, its a NICE freakin truck and moves out like a mofo and is faster than most, thats all that matters as long as the guy is happy with this ride.
Also, back on the originally topic at hand. CONGRATS on your new times!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree, thanks man!

Just a couple of questions, you don't have to post the answer though if you don't want. What were your 1-2 and 2-3 shift points? What rpm are you crossing at? Are you locking the converter? How were the IAT's at the strip?