Should Marijuana Be Legal In The Us?

usabodyguard

Legalize Marijuana  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Should the USA legalize Marijuana

• Yes
    • No

This has been a debated issue for many years now... I am curious to know how many of you are in favor of it or against it... regardless if you personally use it or not... what is your ipinion...

I dont mean medically, because it is medically legally in many states... i am talking legal yes like alcohol or legal no as in it is now.

This should be interesting...

Marijuana-1114.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i was young and dumb, i got high alot in high school, still did decent in school and made something of myself in my adult life. It's been 10 years since i've touched it and don't miss it at all. I don't ever plan on smoking again since its just not my thing now and i've grown out of that phase of my life, but i just can't see it being legal being a good thing.

totally for it being legal!....alcohol is legal and alcohol is a worse drug in so many ways.

I couldnt agree more ...the gateway drug excuse isnt a good one either. If thats the argue ment then maybe we should outlaw cigaretts because people who smoke more than likely will drink. BS if your weak then your going to be an abuser no matter what. I personally would rather catch my daughter with a joint than a beer any day. But thats me.

420 FTW

gateway drug? lol... thats funny. i love how drug issues really show how narrow minded people can be... alcohol is FAR worse on so many levels... but that is legal.

in 2006 17,602 people were killed due to drunk driving... every 30 minutes someone dies from alcohol related driving.

Approximately 275,000 persons are injured or disfigured yearly by alcohol-impaired drivers. One third of these are children.

An exhaustive search of the literature finds no credible reports of deaths induced by marijuana. The US Drug Abuse Warning Network (DAWN) records instances of drug mentions in medical examiners' reports, and though marijuana is mentioned, it is usually in combination with alcohol or other drugs. Marijuana alone has not been shown to cause an overdose death.

hmmm....

I think those statistics are just like Apple people saying their computers are better than others because they don't get viruses. The more pot heads you get, the more statistics will start to pile up.

I've seen some pretty sad weed stories first hand. Completely change a person.

I've seen some pretty sad booze stories first hand. Completely change a person.

Like anything else, an addiction isn't healthy.

:pop:

Never touched...never wanted to. I rarely drink and smoke tobacco once every few months. However I did see a lot of my friends waste a lot of time smoking pot. Some of them keep doing it, most of them continue on and grow out of the wasting time bit and they have pretty good lives. I wouldnt say it a destroyer of life but if its legal it would probably be detrimental to a lot of people who are easily presuaded into things.

i.e. people who drink to get ****ed up, people who smoke to talk to people, etc.

Everything in excess destroys.

The argument that alcohol is worse then pot and we should get rid of it (if pot is already illegal) makes as much sense as getting rid of high fat foods since most people cant control their own weight.

Im not saying that argument is wrong or right I am just setting up an appropriate mirror.

That being said...why should we bring in another substance that can be abused like alcohol, food, and tobacco?

Obviously people who are smoking pot dont have that much of a problem getting it since it has persisted. And because it has been legally enforced you do not get as many incidents as DUI's.

I guess you guys get my point without me making this an essay.

I say legalize it, Not saying im currently a user, but think about it, how many have you heard of dieing from smoking pot? None, you have to smoke your body weight to OD on pot. Now cigerretes are a big killer, lung cancer and many other things. Same things goes for alcohol, Drinking to much, or getting into a car accident and it being fatal.

I say legalize it, Not saying im currently a user, but think about it, how many have you heard of dieing from smoking pot? None, you have to smoke your body weight to OD on pot. Now cigerretes are a big killer, lung cancer and many other things. Same things goes for alcohol, Drinking to much, or getting into a car accident and it being fatal.

If I remember correctly research has shown that 1 joint is equal to a pack of smokes with all the toxins and crap so thats kinda a bad thing. I could personally care less if its legal or not, i dont smoke it but truthfully just about anyone can buy a sack of week so its not like it isnt out there to be bought just like anything else. Only thing I have noticed the most from people who get stoned all the time...... 1) they eat all the damn food in the house, 2) they either talk your ear off or are paranoid, and 3) drive 20mph under the speed limit. Legalize it of not, these morons will still be around in everyday life.

i say legalize it, i personally dont smoke it but have friends that do and they seem to function fine in there normal everyday lives but most have grown out of it. im still relatively young but i never really got in to it, i could probably count the times i've gotten high and i just wasnt my thing.

as far as the gateway drug thing goes i dont really believe in that, people addicted with other drugs and say weed started it all are finding the one thing they can blaim for the cause that everyone is gonna agree to. people who become addicts have it in the blood and it is very easy for them to fall in to addictions to drugs, alcohal, etc,etc.... if it were to become legal fine but it would have to be treated lik alcohal is and so it would be taxed and laws will have to be implemented to control it...

-Rob