Should Marijuana Be Legal In The Us?

usabodyguard

Legalize Marijuana  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Should the USA legalize Marijuana

• Yes
    • No

can't say i'm innocent of this one...

but i will say this: my thinking is that the only reason it is not legal is because the government hasn't figured out yet how to control the production, import, and distribution of it and tax the crap out of it...

my two cents...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I remember correctly research has shown that 1 joint is equal to a pack of smokes with all the toxins and crap so thats kinda a bad thing. I could personally care less if its legal or not, i dont smoke it but truthfully just about anyone can buy a sack of week so its not like it isnt out there to be bought just like anything else. Only thing I have noticed the most from people who get stoned all the time...... 1) they eat all the damn food in the house, 2) they either talk your ear off or are paranoid, and 3) drive 20mph under the speed limit. Legalize it of not, these morons will still be around in everyday life.

Most marijuana smokers smoke the bud, not the leaf, of the plant. The bud contains only ~33% as much tar as tobacco. The pot smokers smoke no where near as much pot as the tobacco smokers due to the psychoactive effect that pot gives you. I have yet to see one case of lung cancer that has been successfully linked to marijuna use. Marijuna does not contain nicotine and is not addictive.

Most marijuana smokers smoke the bud, not the leaf, of the plant. The bud contains only ~33% as much tar as tobacco. The pot smokers smoke no where near as much pot as the tobacco smokers due to the psychoactive effect that pot gives you. I have yet to see one case of lung cancer that has been successfully linked to marijuna use. Marijuna does not contain nicotine and is not addictive.

good point but I wasn't just referring to nicotine and tar, there is other toxins within weed, especially the crap out there now that is cross pollinated to make it stronger. That didn't just come from the earth without any type of enhancer.

Coming from my personal experience, alcohol had destroyed my life in more ways than pot did. I totally agree that alcohol is far more dangerous than marijuana. But the two combined can really mess a person up. Driving under the influence of alcohol is very dangerous but if marijuana is legalized, people will think its alright to get drunk, stoned and drive a vehicle.

IMO, marijuana should not be legalized. We already have a huge problem with alcohol, so why add another problem to the fire.

ive never touched the stuff nor do i plan on it, but i think they should legalize it as soon as they can come up with a device to detect how high u actually are. i know it sounds stupid, but they should basically make it like alcohol and how they use breathalizers. they could tax the shit out of it, and have the same laws that apply to alcohol. just my .02

i know i started this debate, but i dont smoke pot... i have in the past, but it is pointless for me... plus with my job i get tested, but even if i didnt it just makes me tired and hungry, and I dont need to gain anymore weight lol...

but as taxation goes... the gvt would make billions on it... and that is a proven fact. plus hemp s a great alternative resource... hundreds of products could benefit from it and it doesnt strip the ground of minerals and nutrients...

i just wanted to see where everyone stood...

I literally see no difference between the affects of alcohol and pot. If your under the influence of one or the either substances your impaired. That being said, from a personal (not a user) point of view if I'm working the door at a bar, I'd rather deal with someone stoned, not drunk. I'm not saying one side is better then the other, but in 8 years of being in the buisnesss, I've yet to see someone high start a fight or act socciably unbehaviable.

Edited by ShortBus (see edit history)

I say that if kids are homeless and hungry why are we chasing down drugs, when the people who goto jail for drug crimes and leave these kids alone and hungry, are the poor bottom of the chain anyway.

big business get more $$ for putting a kid in prison for a year than they do for sending them to ANY level of school (high schoo-$7K/kid, college 30K+/year, 1prisioner costs us $50K!

while I have a son who I am trying to keep out of "trying" drugs till he is older, and there is a big lure to do the illegal drug...when he would never touch cigarettes??

I still thing it sould be legal.

we spend millions trying to keep mary jane out of the united states.....when we could legalize it.....tax it....and use that money to get rid of serious drugs.....METH being the main drug....since it seems to be taking over the world......JMO

:withstupid:

can't say i'm innocent of this one...

but i will say this: my thinking is that the only reason it is not legal is because the government hasn't figured out yet how to control the production, import, and distribution of it and tax the crap out of it...

my two cents...

they could always just buy it from BC :D . the only way they would be able to control it is if they had the best there is available. i don't smoke anymore but i did when i was younger. mariJ is no way a gateway drug. i never did crack or anything like that. if anything.....i was a little better at shooting games lol.

:withstupid:

they could always just buy it from BC :D . the only way they would be able to control it is if they had the best there is available. i don't smoke anymore but i did when i was younger. mariJ is no way a gateway drug. i never did crack or anything like that. if anything.....i was a little better at shooting games lol.

isnt weed legal in canada?